Fats

Options
Hello!

Question: when I enter a food such as almonds, mfp is counting this as fats and reminds me to limit fats. However, this and many other things I enter are considered the “good” fats. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Feel free to add me as well!

Emily

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can turn off those reminders. They're a nuisance, but only the app version has them. "Good fats" isn't a thing anyway - limit man made trans fats and you're good.
  • Ewaite38
    Ewaite38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can turn off those reminders. They're a nuisance, but only the app version has them. "Good fats" isn't a thing anyway - limit man made trans fats and you're good.

Yes, by good fats meaning non-saturated /non-trans.

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    It's not a problem as much as it is a general guideline. Too much fat *can* prevent you from getting enough other macro/micro nutrients. If you don't like the reminder, then either turn it off, increase your fat goal, or worry less about "good" vs "bad" fats.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's not a problem? It's just MFP telling you you're close to it going over your chosen macro percentages.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    yes it is good fats and i just ignore those reminders! I aim for about 50 percent fat in my diet and have done so successfully for 3 plus years....