15 months after baby and still trying to lose

Options
To all the new mothers out there who are still trying to lose weight- I have found it soooo hard. I think because I cant seem to fit in exercise? I dont know, but this baby weight is sticking to me like glue. I have been faithfully following the weight watchers plan. Then my friend told me about this sight, so we will see. Good luck to all.

Replies

• sdouglas
    Options
    To all the new mothers out there who are still trying to lose weight- I have found it soooo hard. I think because I cant seem to fit in exercise? I dont know, but this baby weight is sticking to me like glue. I have been faithfully following the weight watchers plan. Then my friend told me about this sight, so we will see. Good luck to all.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! My youngest (of 3) is 14 months and this has been soooo much harder than the other 2 times. There are lot of great ideas and support here. Welcome :smile:
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can relate! My 2nd and last is 10 months old now. I'll be glad when the weather warms up and I can push my 2 kids in the stroller for a walk. Now I have to get up early and work out for 30 min. if I'm lucky before my husband heads off to work. I work part-time and don't even attempt a work out on my work days. I didn't bother losing my baby weight with the first one, figured why bother when I was going to have another. Turns out that was a bad strategy! Good luck! We can do it!
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Don't worry summer will be here soon(I hope- we still have sooooo much snow) and then we can all get out with our little ones. Just remember that no one is super woman and all those celebrities that drop the baby weight right away have someone to cook for them, clean for them, tell them when and how to exercise and watch the kids too. But here in the real world we have to do it all, but we don't have to do it alone. This site is wonderful and has helped me so much!! I have a quick question for all the moms... has anyone found anything that works on stretch marks? Good luck everyone-we can do this!!:tongue:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I hear ya I had two back 2 back. - am paying the price after I had the second one none of my jeans fit. I squeezed into a pair during christmas time but the whole time I felt like I was gonna die from suffication. I just put that same pair on tonight and they now fit comfortably. This site works. Good luck to you.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have 2 children ( 7 y/o & 2 y/o).
    The weight from my first was so hard to lose.
    The MFP members & site have helped me so much to reach my weight goal.
    We are all here for you.
    This site really does work.
    Good luck!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    :happy:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! There are a lot of us here in the same boat as you, I put on 50 with my first and another 30 with the second, not to mention the 20 from before kids!!!!!! Oh well, everyone starts there journey somewhere! I just wish I started it sooner!!!
  • sdouglas
    Options
    Thanks to all of you! It is really great to know I'm not alone. I do work full time and it's so hard to fit in the exercise. I had off today, so I did my Turbo Jam. Anyone try these fitness videos/dvd's.? They are great. They have some great music too.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have a 15 month old too. I have been successful in losing weight and I think it just has to do with the fact that I was really ready. I have lost weight in the past but did it in an unhealthy weight...either barely eating or taking diet pills, etc. and it taught me nothing, so I started eating normally again and it piled right back on plus more! I just had to get it into my head that this has to be something I do the rest of my life. I have to watch portions, I have to eat healthy, I have to exercise. It's just the way it is for me. I think a huge part of it is that I keep things interesting. I don't get bored. I try new foods and recipes and different snacks that are lower calorie/fat, etc. I also TRY not to beat myself up if I have a not so great day or weigh-in. Instead of letting it get me down, I just get right back on track and keep going. I started a weight-loss program on Sept 4, 2007 at 270 lbs and am down to 209 as of yesterday. I just keep praying and hoping (and never assume) that I will keep going and get to my goal weight of 135. I am actually 46 lbs less than I was at my first pre-natal check-up in my first trimester of pregnancy.

I guess my point in all of this is that if I can do it, YOU can definitely do it.
  • sdouglas
    Options
    Thank you! I started trying to lose weight after my daughter was born, and somehow just maintained since the summer. Anyway, I guess the pressure is on because my husband and I want to have another baby. I gained 60 pounds with my first pregnancy and I cant see packing on the weight if I havent lost it. I dont know? Thanks for your inspiration.
  • momathome
    Options
    I have a 11 year old and 9 year old and the weight came off no problem and then I had another who is 8 months old now and the weight....well lets just say it is STILL there!!! I have managed to shed 10lbs so far. I have another 30 I want to get rid of. I tried before to lose the weight but just couldn't seem to find the time. I love this site for the simple reason that I input all my calories and that there are others in the same boat as I am. It has been great