Kid friendly and healthy

Options
horsmankt
horsmankt Posts: 3 Member
Does anybody have some kid approved easy healthy recipes?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    All those three requirements are subjective. Diets can be more or less healthy. Home cooked meals are usually healthy. Simple meals can be healthy. Kids like what they are used to. They eat what they are served, or they don't. Getting them involved, can make them more... involved.
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Maybe start with build your own like tacos and baked potatoes where everyone can choose their own toppings. Having the kids help makes a huge difference, they help make a bunch of different soups. You could also start by first ding a few recipes that sound good to you and let the kids pick out some. My kids tastes change from week to week sometimes... Right now we are on a roasted brussel sprout, potato and turkey meatball Bonanza or Mac and cheese with broccoli and cauliflower mixed in...I cheat and use Stouffer's Mac.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the sorts of things the kids are willing to eat. In general, more veggies and meat and less pasta/rice/etc is good way to go. Grill or bake/roast things instead of frying them.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, roasted potatoes...vegetables of some sort.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    All those three requirements are subjective. Diets can be more or less healthy. Home cooked meals are usually healthy. Simple meals can be healthy. Kids like what they are used to. They eat what they are served, or they don't. Getting them involved, can make them more... involved.

This. Kids eat what their exposed to. Mine have the "take it or leave it" option for dinner.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Involve them.

http://dish.allrecipes.com/kids-in-the-kitchen/

My friend allowed each of her children to be in charge of dinner once a week. The family favourite is an all-yellow dinner. Everything served is a shade of yellow.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You need to define the word healthy first.