Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire

Options
Anyone has tried either of these please give me your imput. I am thinking about giving Jillian Michaels a break next month and try something different. I see this Amazon package for $72 from BeachBody and just wanted some feedback.

Replies

• KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    i actually just asked this question a couple days ago, lol! everyone pretty much said that turbo fire is turbo jam on steroids! start with the jam and then work on to the fire! i am excited to get mine hopefully next week!!! good luck to you!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I started turbofire on Monday. I'm in serious love already.
  • rachie50380
    Options
    i have had turbo jam for a few years and just started using it again about a month ago. i really do like it. some of the workouts i still get a little twisted doing the workouts, but most are pretty reasonable to learn. ya do sweat your butt off like i imagine you would in the turbofire. but, for me im gonna stick to the turbo jam.
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    I have turbojam...you interested in it? I'll give you a deal...lol!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I will NEVER go back to Jillian after finding Chalene Johnson. I am halfway through month 4 of 5 of Turbo Fire and I love it so much!! Burns mega calories.

I've never done Turbo Jam, but if you've bee doing Jillian, I would just start out with Fire. The first month is pretty "easy" anyway (I would think that now, but I definitely didn't at the time lol)
  • vmrink
    vmrink Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm on my 9th week of Turbo Fire and I'm still in love with it. I've never done Turbo Jam because I need something fast paced and high intensity to keep me interested. But on days I don't feel like going high intensity, I just follow the low impact person, Allee.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have turbojam...you interested in it? I'll give you a deal...lol!

LOL Okay you got the set?? How about $40??? :bigsmile:
  • carlarikin
    carlarikin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire but will start in September but I heard that you are going to need a lot of endurance for it. My endurance level is not so great, but I know Turbo Fire will get me to where I want. But the thing I love about my Turbo Fire is that it comes with a schedule and a diary to track progress. That's not mandatory but it's something I personally like. :)
  • tammyrains
    Options
    Just received my Turbo Fire in the mail today! I cant wait to start it! From the sounds of it from everyone here, it is awesome!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have both and like them for different reasons. I would agree that Fire is definitely Jam on steroids. I love Turbo Fire, I'm in week 13 now. It kicks my butt....LOVE! Would highly recommend.
  • rachrach66
    Options
    Wow I am so glad to have all this great info!! I think I will start with Turbo Jam first and do that for a month. Then fire it up with Turbo Fire 90 Day Program. Might as well end this year will a bang!! :explode: Come January 2012 I should be at my goals and smoking hot!! :wink: :love: :blushing:
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have not done Turbo Jam, I went straight to Turbo Fire - and I LOVE IT! I am going to finish week 11 tomorrow!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam also has a place for beginners to get started. Chalene calls this the “on ramp”. There is a entry level DVD that a total newbie can watch and learn all the different moves used in TurboJam. For people new to the program, they can do this workout over and over again until they have mastered the moves and they will get in shape at the same time. Chalene calls it, “learn and burn”. It’s a program that anyone at any level of fitness can start and also has plenty of challenging workouts to keep the seasoned exerciser engaged, pushing hard and having fun.

Turbo Fire is the next step in the evolution of this series. Where Turbo Jam has lots of kick boxing moves and some serious choreography, Turbo Fire is more of a athletic style of drill workouts. Turbo Fire will push you to your limits and then push some more. Chalene out this workout together based on the HIIT principle, High Intensity Interval Training. HIIT will push you hard for one full minute and then back off a little to allow you recover and then repeat.

Turbo Fire also includes long strenuous cardio workouts for the cardio junkies out there. In addition, there are also sculpting workouts, so you are getting full body strengthening and conditioning. The combination of these workouts is a plateau busting workout that will be lots of fun. The concept of one minute of intensity followed by a rest before the next round is not only a challenge, but feels possible. This workout should prove to be extremely popular with a wide range of fitness minded folks.
    Chalene sums it all up by suggesting that if your new to the turbo family of workouts it might be best to begin with the Turbo Jam workout as the best place to start. It combines lots of fun kickboxing and dance moves and gives the beginner a great place to start. If you have already mastered Turbo Jam and are looking for the next wave of intensity, you might want to step up to Turbo Fire. Turbo Fire is designed to go beyond what you thought was possible and makes it fun while you push further.
  • rachrach66
    Options
    Turbo Jam also has a place for beginners to get started. Chalene calls this the “on ramp”. There is a entry level DVD that a total newbie can watch and learn all the different moves used in TurboJam. For people new to the program, they can do this workout over and over again until they have mastered the moves and they will get in shape at the same time. Chalene calls it, “learn and burn”. It’s a program that anyone at any level of fitness can start and also has plenty of challenging workouts to keep the seasoned exerciser engaged, pushing hard and having fun.

Turbo Fire is the next step in the evolution of this series. Where Turbo Jam has lots of kick boxing moves and some serious choreography, Turbo Fire is more of a athletic style of drill workouts. Turbo Fire will push you to your limits and then push some more. Chalene out this workout together based on the HIIT principle, High Intensity Interval Training. HIIT will push you hard for one full minute and then back off a little to allow you recover and then repeat.

Turbo Fire also includes long strenuous cardio workouts for the cardio junkies out there. In addition, there are also sculpting workouts, so you are getting full body strengthening and conditioning. The combination of these workouts is a plateau busting workout that will be lots of fun. The concept of one minute of intensity followed by a rest before the next round is not only a challenge, but feels possible. This workout should prove to be extremely popular with a wide range of fitness minded folks.
    Chalene sums it all up by suggesting that if your new to the turbo family of workouts it might be best to begin with the Turbo Jam workout as the best place to start. It combines lots of fun kickboxing and dance moves and gives the beginner a great place to start. If you have already mastered Turbo Jam and are looking for the next wave of intensity, you might want to step up to Turbo Fire. Turbo Fire is designed to go beyond what you thought was possible and makes it fun while you push further.

Great info thanks!! This is exactly what I wanted to know!!!