Meals for IBS

Options
Sylwia8484
Sylwia8484 Posts: 1 Member
Hello,

Been having problems lately with food and turns out I have IBS. Any good food prep, meals? Thank you :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    What triggers your IBS?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    IBS is so personal; the triggers vary greatly from person to person. I get IBS symptoms from too much fat, and pork fat in particular. But everyone is different so you will need to figure out your triggers in order to find/create meals to work for you.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    You may find using digestive microbes helpful, these are essential for digesting foods. If we have rounds of antibiotics or other medical interventions such as pain relief the positive balance of our microbes can be swayed to increase the less beneficial yeasty ones. If you can please find a product which contains microbes not known to increase histamine at least in the first instant, its helpful to avoid histamine intolerance which can cause IBS.
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with IBS! Mine gets sets off, if I eat something that is too greasy or a little over spicy and I love spice. Not eating greasy Foods anymore so that shouldn't be a problem.
  • jog1111
    jog1111 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try the low FODMAP diet. It really helped my husband with his IBS. There’s a handy app for it too.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You will have to figure out from trial and error what your triggers are.

When you google recipes, you can use the minus sign (-) to eliminate the ingredients you aren’t allowed.