Losing Belly Fat

Options
So I've been eating right and working out. I've realize that I'm at the point where I want to continue toning but I also want to really focus on losing my stomach fat. Ive been aiming to work out 5 times a week where cardio is my main focus. I do have strength training sessions that involve freestyle and classes so Im good on that end.

What did you guys do in interms of cardio (how often, how long, etc) to get your stomach down. Its like my body is slim but my stomach is not lol.

Thanks!

Replies

• sharishar
    sharishar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I also would like to know this, I am told the exercise bike breaks down fat so am awaiting to hear also
  • reenakainth
    Options
    belly fat is the last thing to go and you cant really target any place in particular on ur body with weight loss...or so it seems
  • change_happens
    Options
    well, they say just continue eating well and working out. it has been working for me. it seems that you are on the right track. also, jeanette jenkins, the hollywood trainer, she says to make sure you include tummy exercises on a daily basis. You should see some change.
  • Justyne88
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I have been doing the P90X insanity cardio DVD's and they work. I see fat loss on my enitre body and they have a great eating plan. I also have cut processes carbs down to 50 to 70 grams per day and do not eat them after 3PM. I have had two kids and my stomach is almost back to normal.
  • NitaMoran
    NitaMoran Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me what works, cutting out carbs. I can do 2-3 days of strickly low fat, lean protein and loss my belly fat. When I can take it I do a 4th day of protein only but it gets tough. :smile:
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sadly, there is no quick fix however if you're finding after several months of working out, watching what you eat, tummy exercises, etc...that you're not losing the belly I would talk to your doc as there may be a hormonal/medical reason.
  • KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well its true that trying to target on particular part of your body is usually a losing battle but some good tummy targeters are sit-ups, reverse crunches, oblique crunches, bicycle crunches, any dance moves that involve twisting and hip swinging. Oh yea and just throughout the day, make sure you straighten your back and suck in that gut!! That helps your posture and your core:) good luck
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    As NitaMoran just said, removing carbs will flatten your stomach within a couple days. I don't think it's fat you're losing but it's just the bloat that carbs cause.

Also, try throwing in some high intensity workouts instead of cardio if you're wanting to see better results (takes less time as well).
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I find when you run/jog on the treadmill and walk, over and over that you feel it in your tummy muscles. I think with that, tummy exercises and eating right it should go down, or at least thats what I'm hoping it will do for me :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem :( I do cardio 7 days a week
    and i am seeing some improvement :)
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    lots of core work has been helping me.. not sit-ups, but twists and planks and leg-lifts. slowly but surely, i'm seeing a difference.
  • sophia_b
    sophia_b Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is always the hardest. I can only say what worked for me. For me it was all about clean eating, eat close to the earth and little to no processing. After I made that change it fell off. After all they say abs are made in the kitchen.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is always the hardest. I can only say what worked for me. For me it was all about clean eating, eat close to the earth and little to no processing. After I made that change it fell off. After all they say abs are made in the kitchen.

From the looks of your profile picture, you seem to have a pretty good recipe. Mind cooking me up a batch? ;)