New, yet determined.

Options
After discovering myfitnesspal this week, I feel a renewed determination to stick with things. I feel like I've been "dieting" ever since January, and at times, have wondered what was the use of trying for such a prolonged period of time, when no major results have occurred. I have lost and kept off a solid eight pounds since the beginning of the year, but I would like to achieve a more significant loss.

Fortunately, I think that through the use of myfitnesspal I can become what I wasn't before: consistent. I am determined to be accurate in my recording and consistent in my calorie counting/exercise, where I wasn't before.

In the past, weekdays have been my glory days, in which I am focused on my weight loss goals. I ate the right foods at the right times and made time to exercise. Weekends, on the other hand, those were my doom days. That's when I would eat an entire bucket of theater popcorn with extra butter, and basically binge on sweets. What's worse is, when I went vacation, everyday looked like a weekend day. It was not pretty.

BUT, myfitnesspal really helps me to keep on track and be honest about what I am or am not doing. It's only my third day, but I am SO ready to conquer this weekend and not lose track. Here's to new, yet determined, beginnings!

Replies

• TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    Good for you! You are going to find MFP addicting, trust me! The support and assistance you will gain here is amazing. I've been at it for only 3 weeks and have lost 12 pounds. If I can do it, anyone can.

Welcome to the MFP family! :flowerforyou:
  • Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Myfitnesspal has been great. My wife and mother are using it as well. I don't feel like I'm dieting, I feel like I'm eating right and my body is naturally adjusting for that. We've been on it for 1 1/2 months. I've lost 28 pounds, my wife has lost 14, and I think my mom has lost 12-14 as well.

Scott
  • projectjaemie
    Options
    Welcome! It sounds like you have the right mindset going in ... good luck!
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    So glad to have you!

I absolutely love this place, it helps me stay on track, and all of the friends that I have on here are absolutely awesome!
    Welcome aboard!
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    Here's to your determination! I have to restart from zero myself this week. Gained and it was not pretty numbers that is for sure. My love for theater popcorn with melted butter is right up there with yours and it sure shows on my belly! Add me as a friend if you like and maybe you as a newbie and I as a fallen oldie can make this thing work. I know it does because it did before but I feel off the scale you could say.lol. Good luck on your journey. :)
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    welcome!!!
  • onek9lover
    Options
    Sounds like you are living my life. Its so easy to focus on work and get through the day, its the weekends that are bad for me too, Every friend wants to grab dinner or drinks and I definitely don't want to turn them down. We have been on 3 or vacations this sumemr alone and this weekend is the same thing. I'm not sure how I'll get through this weekend in New York City, but it starts with determinaton. I just started this site today and I love it so far. Good luck to you!
  • vxjammiedodgerxv
    vxjammiedodgerxv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I've started this week too so we're in the same boat.
    Best of luck to you :) xx
  • ninjamarie22
    ninjamarie22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I already love the feeling of encouragement and support, even just after a single comment in reply. I never have had any virtual support before. I am certain I will love it, and yes, probably get addicted also, but that should help keep me focused, right? :smile: