Newish - starting again

Options
Hello Everyone!

I have been on MFP before, but I ended up quitting. Medical issues have been making things hard. I have decided to do weight loss surgery, however, i still need to make a lifestyle change to ensure i dont get back to where i am now.

Please add me - talk to me. Here is a little about myself...

My name is Amber. I am 31 years and I live in Las Vegas, NV with my boyfriend and 8 year old daughter. I work in HOA management and I absolutely love it! Unfortunately, it is a desk job and i stare at a computer all day. I gained weight when i was pregnant with my daughter in 2008/2009 and its been there every since. I was at my "comfort weight" before i started the weight loss surgery classes. I have started this change on March 15th. Today is day 8. I gave up soda completely on March 12th. During this time i have lost 10 lbs (woo hoo!) But i know i need to work harder to ensure this all sticks.

Replies

• Saaski
    Saaski Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You're so right that it's the habits and lifestyle changes that really makes things stick. Congrats on your progress so far and feel free to add me :smile:
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Amber! I wish you the best of luck with your lifestyle change. I would be really interested in following your progress and how you go about this. One major tip I want to give is to focus on ADDING things instead of removing. For example, instead of removing all junk food, make sure you have at least 1 serving of vegetables per day, then 2, 3 and so on. Same with water, try to add more and more (until you reach the reccomended amount) for a little while. This could naturally fill you up so you don't crave the junk as often. Remember how hard it is to not think about the pink elephant if I tell you not to think about the pink elephant, if I tell you to think about the kittend instead its much easier not to think about the elephant (if you get where I am going).
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started MFP 6 years ago and got to my goal weight after losing about 80lbs. Since then I've slowly gained back about half of it. Looking to start dropping again. I could use some fresh friends as many of mine have left over the years. I log every day, but I'm looking to be more socially accountable. :)
  • haalastar846
    haalastar846 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda new again too! I'll add you so we can encourage each other!!
  • texmexcoconut
    texmexcoconut Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm starting up again.

I work in auto insurance so I sit for over 10 hours four days a week. The other days I'm busy being a stepmom and trying to get my life in order. The weather is finally nicer so we went for a walk.

If anyone wants to add me, please feel free!