Fed up and determined! Interested in learning about Keto

Options
New here to the fitness pal forum. CW: 306 GW:185. A long journey but determined to get there! Been reading about Keto and really think its a great way for me to go. I can use all the help I can get. Excited to start this journey!!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Why do you think keto is a good match for you? To lose weight, all you need to do is eat less (a low carb diet can make that easier). Have you read the stickies yet?
  • jasminebutler56
    jasminebutler56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m interested in Keto as well but was reading up on it and it has foods I’m trying to cut out like pork and beef and eventually meat altogether.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Keto is usually the most helpful from those who find they are most satisfied by fats. If proteins or carbs do that for you, you're going to be pretty miserable on keto. And it only works if you maintain a deficit, which is not necessarily guaranteed on keto. That said you can always try to see if it will work for you, just make sure your sodium intake is adequate otherwise you'll experience what's known as "keto flu" which is really just an electrolyte imbalance.
  • leannclouse
    leannclouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Check out bodybuilding.com they have a video that explains keto quite well. It’s about an hour long. I started keto yesterday as well. Keep researching!
  • Jener2016
    Jener2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keto sounds wonderful but I love my carbs way to much! I am currently counting macros. Just started this week so wish me luck!
  • MsParker2010
    MsParker2010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm learning about keto myself