Green tea for people who don't like tea?

Options
I'm not a fan of tea of any kind but I know green tea has tons of health benefits. Is there a brand or flavor of green tea that doesn't have a strong "tea taste" ?

Replies

• CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't drink it. I do enjoy tea, but not green tea. The only way I can enjoy it is to do things to it that probably ruin any benefits like adding to much sugar or buying "blends" that really don't have much green tea in them.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If you are not a fan of “tea taste” try the Kirkland brand green tea. It is also important to prepare it differently. The water should be just below boiling.

http://www.itoen.co.jp/eng/allabout_greentea/how_to_prepare.html
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Forget about it. If you do not like it, let it go.
    I have enjoyed Peppermint tea in the past.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Start of with a weak tea...and build up tolerance to the taste or try green tea with jasmine or someother flavour.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of tea of any kind but I know green tea has tons of health benefits. Is there a brand or flavor of green tea that doesn't have a strong "tea taste" ?

If you don't like it, don't drink it. No need to consume it "just for the benefits". If you have a overall healthy diet to begin with and it's all food that you enjoy, that's already good enough provided that you're not overeating (unless your goal is to bulk up).
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    President's Choice has a Moroccan Mint green tea that's pretty good.
  • michellebirtleeds
    michellebirtleeds Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hojicha is roasted green tea, and the flavor is quite different from other kinds of green tea.

However, if you really don't like green tea, you're probably best off if you move on and find a different healthy habit that you can actually enjoy.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I had some green tea ice cream the other day. I figure since green tea helps you LOSE weight, and ice cream helps you GAIN weight, it would all even out!

Seriously, I like green tea, especially the flavored ones, but a lot of people don't care for it. Don't force it on yourself....there's no magic qualities to it. But if you tend to drink your calories, it's a good idea to find some calorie-free beverages that you do like. Iced teas, black coffee, flavored waters, diet sodas all fit the bill.
  • kashcopyright
    kashcopyright Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yogi brand Blueberry Slim Life--I put one bag in my room temp or chilled bottle of water and it tastes like blueberry deliciousness. The color wierds people out, too.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Don't drink it if you don't like it. But there are lots of flavored green teas that balance out the grassy flavor quite well. I'm partial to mint or lemon, but then I like green tea, so maybe that's why!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    I kinda wonder if it is all just woo. But if you gotta have it, consider green tea extract capsules since you dislike drinking tea
  • samcskelton
    samcskelton Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Any kind of tea can actually prevent the body from absorbing certain nutrients. To me, green tea mostly acts as a laxative...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit has an enzyme that interferes or enhances many drugs.

Calcium interferes with iron absorption.

Iron interferes with calcium absorption.

The only interference I see associated with Green tea is that it is a proteasome inhibitor.

Black tea may be better at cancer prevention than Green tea but the noticeable effect is at seven cups of tea a day, not one.

All gleaned from Wikipedia.

Since herbal teas are made from all sorts of leaves and berries, how can they all inhibit nutrient absorption?