Losing weight without exercise

Options
MmeDesti
MmeDesti Posts: 1 Member
In a matter of some months, I was able to lose close to 30 lbs without any exercise!! Anyone else has experienced this?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Lots of people. Exercise is not critical for weight loss.

However, exercise is important for overall health, so you might want to look into incorporating some kind I to your daily routine.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely possible. I have lost well over 100 lb without doing the type of exercise that happens in a class or gym, and I feel good.

However, I did do tons of walking and hiking and some biking and swimming. Is it possible to incorporate "fun" stuff into your life that will get you moving and improve overall health? I personally cringe at the very idea of putting on spandex and going into a gym with dozens of other sweaty humans. But I love moving and it makes me feel and look better.

Sometimes for me "exercise" is as simple as cleaning my house, vacuuming out my car and washing it, moving boxes & items in and out of the rooms at work for various projects...anything that gets me moving burns a few calories in addition.
  • Sammylou40s
    Sammylou40s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have numerous illnesses and disabilities and exercise is not an option for me
    I have lost 40lbs without doing any exercise. It’s entirely possible but be prepared for the loose saggy skin if you’re past 25 and have a fair bit to lose!!!!
    I’ve gone from a uk 18/20 to a 14 and have another 15-20 lbs to go. I’d guess I would be described as skinny fat. I’m a bit wobbly in places. Overall for me I’m absolutely fine with it. I’m healthier now more than ever. The weight loss is a big deal and that was my aim
    If you are capable of doing exercise I’d recommend finding something you enjoy and give it a go. It’s a win win really
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I agree, it’s simply a matter of calories in vs calories out. Also the saying you are what you eat has become more true as I have gotten older. I used to crave steak, ribs, wings etc. But now I crave apples and pickles (fried) I am trying to treat my body better- like a temple or one of those fixer upper homes on the HG channel. lol
  • carpedm1
    carpedm1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do lots of walking but find that if I have a week where my target is not reached neither is my weight loss target.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!