water is awesome! that is all...

Options
1_up
1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
After many months, I've finally embraced the pure awesomeness of plain water. I've went from a 2 liter of mountain dew a day (before dieting on this past new years) to a quart of diet tea / diet soda / flavored water initially. Then I slowly cut down on the diet tea/soda and slowly cut down on the amount of flavoring I used in the water until I got used to enjoying plain water. I still add splenda/equal to my coffee, but I'm trying to convert over to stevia in the raw, which actually isn't that bad. Adding honey in my tea helps to sweeten it up.as well. Said what I had to say. Enjoy your day!

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Great method for weaning yourself off the other stuff and drinking more water. No need to dive in head first if it'll just end in failure. Love easing into things.
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    Slow and steady progress wins in the end. Good job on cutting out the Mountain Dew and enjoying the natural goodness of water.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to drink more water, I have never been a water drinker... but now that I realize just how much our body needs it, I am really trying, but I don't like the taste of water, so I have to add pure lemon or lime juice to mine. thanks for the post.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Way to go. Living in Arizona has been difficult, the water here tastes terrible. But I filter it and keep it cold, so I can drink it.
    In November when I go home to Oregon life will get substantially easier. The water there tastes so good! It will be easy to drink up.

Nice work getting off the "hard stuff"!!!! You are an excellent example of how to do it right! Keep it up
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I always hated water because it didn't have a taste. So now I usually add lemon or crystal light.
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    I am addicted to having my water with 2 slices of lemon and a slice of Orange!!!
  • Lmaxwell
    Lmaxwell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Me too! I never drank water unless it was to take a pill. I purchased a 32oz water bottle with a built in straw & now I'm refilling it 4-5 times a day. I actually like water now but I especially love the way my skin looks & feels now.