New to MFP, Day 4 Keto - Always been active, Never dieted [FOODIE]

Options
Hi all;
I’m joining up to start tracking my macros since I just recently adapted the Ketogenic lifestyle.
I’ve never been on a restricted diet aside from 8+ years of non-calorie counting vegetarianism.

Keto appeals to me because it makes a lot of sense; foods aren’t supposed to be so concentrated...

I actually found out about Keto while I was looking for table (refined) sugar alternatives (maybe ‘natural’ was ‘better’) as well as a truly healthy bread recipe. Basically the answer was you COULD go for natural versions... but it’s nominally better... :/ basically the wheat and sugar are not to be consumed in the amounts we have so readily available without any type of labor.

To me, it just makes sense...

I’m looking to learn as much as I can; I’ve already spent so much time doing research and I think the best thing to me about this decision is thee are no culinary restrictions. Today we have so many tools and the advantages of social media to network and trade information. I don’t think I’ll miss wheat bread... that’s day 4 on Keto, from a foodie and a bread lover (all carbs for that matter)

To me; so far, the most trouble I’m having is meeting my intake; my ratios are okay but I don’t always make my calories and my proteins aren’t always too too on point... my fats and carbs have been well in ‘range’ (just did 4 cacalculators, with varying results). I’m hoping that I’m just going through n00b doubt syndrome but I don’t feel terrible; I’m not hungry at all.... and I’ve been doing 1 hour of either light yoga/tai chi or cardiovascular daily (I have have a mild-slight headache but that’s supposed to be very normal)

So where my Keto fam at?

Replies

• Douglas8167
    Douglas8167 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my 30th day on Keto. I had been a foodie too and drink as part of my job. I read the KETO: a complete guide and went into beast mode. 30 days on it I went from 224 to now 205. I'm 53 and have not felt this good since high school. Thirty days to drop almost a pound a day. Simple staying under 50 carbs per day, no caffeine, no sugar, and ouch now alcohol. Waist went from pushing 38 to now 35ish. Very happy. Good luck it is the only diet I've tried and works like a champ. Good Luck!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You don't believe food should be concentrated, so you are going to eat a diet that suggests you get a very high percentage of fat? Whatever the real benefits of keto may or may not be, that is some faulty logic there.
  • MsParker2010
    MsParker2010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm new to the group
  • KetoKitty666
    KetoKitty666 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You don't believe food should be concentrated, so you are going to eat a diet that suggests you get a very high percentage of fat? Whatever the real benefits of keto may or may not be, that is some faulty logic there.

It’s my understanding that it takes far less animal matter to create a tablespoon of fat than it would to create a tablespoon of fat from a plant, so I don’t think I’m actually faulted in that instance, I’m just saying IMO it’s a lot more natural to eat some fatty meats veggies and a handful of nuts than to consume 100s of stalks of sugar cane concentrated to a scoop or millions of seeds to create a significant amount of oil.
    Thanks for the consideration; wishing you the best on your journey :)
  • KetoKitty666
    Options
    This is my 30th day on Keto. I had been a foodie too and drink as part of my job. I read the KETO: a complete guide and went into beast mode. 30 days on it I went from 224 to now 205. I'm 53 and have not felt this good since high school. Thirty days to drop almost a pound a day. Simple staying under 50 carbs per day, no caffeine, no sugar, and ouch now alcohol. Waist went from pushing 38 to now 35ish. Very happy. Good luck it is the only diet I've tried and works like a champ. Good Luck!
    Kudos friend!
    I’m not honestly worried about weight so so much because I’m getting back into strength training and I know water intake and developing muscles effects weight.
    I am gonna try to fit a social drink into he plan but not for the first month or so; I know not many will suggest a drink or 2 but I’m hearing from realistic people it’s possible but you have to plan for it

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure how you consider keto to not have culinary restrictions - it’s very restrictive and regimented in order to achieve ketosis... and then turn around and talk about how much you love carbs, I’m just perplexed why you think this is the right plan for you.

• KetoKitty666
    edited March 2018
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I’m not sure how you consider keto to not have culinary restrictions - it’s very restrictive and regimented in order to achieve ketosis... and then turn around and talk about how much you love carbs, I’m just perplexed why you think this is the right plan for you.

You’re only restricted by imagination <3