Using weight watchers and Counting Calories with myfitnesspal ?

Options
Hi everyone ! I have just started using both weight watchers and myfitnesspal to track what I eat. I was wondering if anyone here tracks their calories and also tracks their points with weight watchers ? Or maybe counts calories and uses the weight watchers meetings for accountability ?

Replies

• jennygutt
    jennygutt Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers for the past year and lost 71 lbs. I recently switched to calories because the new plan wasnt working for me. I tracked both places for a while but it was too time consuming. So now om just on MFP and losing at a steady rate again. Ww is good for accountability when ya need it. Thats how I lost what i did going to meetings. But that mew plan is just meh. I think counting calories and using the meeting for weigh-in and accountability is a good ideal though actually. If i didnt have a group of family that meet and weighin every week id prob do that too.
  • Meggie43
    Meggie43 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just joined ww too. This is a great question. I am already over my points for the day but not my calories on Mfp. My large coffee was 12 points alone and Im allotted 23 a day. Mfp has my coffee at around 200 calories....I still have some calories I need to get in me by the end of the day! Its really confusing lol
  • healthy2700mfp
    healthy2700mfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did both for a bit, now I do mfp , just like the other people here posted I was eating around 900 calories for 23 points and I was losing very slow.
  • GreekGoddesss24
    GreekGoddesss24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone !! I think I will focus more on being in a healthy calorie range and going to weight watcher meetings to get weighed and for motivation.
  • spookyjudy
    spookyjudy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to count pts. also. Is this available here
  • Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    I do both. And I stop at whatever comes first my points limit or my calorie limit
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    spookyjudy wrote: »

No, WW points are proprietary to WW.
  • jto555
    jto555 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just left WW for MFP. I was not down with the new program.
  • Shannongr29
    Options
    jto555 wrote: »
    I just left WW for MFP. I was not down with the new program.
    A lot of people on here seem to have done the same. Just doing the new program alone I gained weight, that’s why I joined MFP too
  • Shannongr29
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    spookyjudy wrote: »

No, WW points are proprietary to WW.

Actually you can use the itrackbites ap to do points for older versions of WW.
  • SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I use MFP for the calories and I use WW for the meetings. Meetings keep me accountable!