Carb Cycling?

Options
Anyone who is not a body builder type ever try carb cycling? I've heard that carb cycling is really good even for people who are not bodybuilders or people who do P90X. Just curious if anyone has tried this and how it worked?

Replies

• NABrightEyes
    Options
    I have done this is the past when I did compete for fitness. I do not recommend unless you are near your goal or getting ready for a comp. It does make you crazy and slightly irritated with everything and everyone.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    I have done this is the past when I did compete for fitness. I do not recommend unless you are near your goal or getting ready for a comp. It does make you crazy and slightly irritated with everything and everyone.

yeah I definitely don't want that!
  • beernutz
    beernutz Posts: 136
    Options
    I did a cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD) for 9 months and while I was on it, it was very effective. I dropped 20 pounds and got to under 15% bodyfat, which for a 40+ year old man is very good. However, it is very hard to stay on because it is somewhat regimented in when and how you do the periodic "carb ups".

If you can stick with it without falling back into your old high carb ways it might work for you.