Allow myself to introduce...myself...

Options
Been lurking here for awhile now. I suppose I should introduce myself.

Ive always been the "active" fat guy. I jog off and on, I absolutely LIVE for hiking & backpacking, I kayak, and a plethora of other outdoor activities. But I guess I've always loved food and being lazy more. I lose alot of weight in the summer, and then gain it all back (plus some) in the winter. Not a healthy way to be at all.

My weight has held me back from alot in my life. After realizing that 99% of my big problems can be solved by me losing weight, Ive finally decided to get serious. No more BS. No more procrastinating. I started off around 290 +/- and am now about 261. Ive been counting calories like crazy. Ive also been doing C25K and weights on top of that. I have gone to the gym pretty much everyday for the past 3 months. I feel better mentally, physically, and Im slowly starting to look better. Im wanting to get down to around 210 or so and then just focus on building for awhile.

Anyway, just thought I would say hello.

Replies

• nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    hello...............................................
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    hello!! :)
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :)
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Hi!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) and hello
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Thanks for sharing :] Feel free to add me!
  • diplomad
    diplomad Posts: 51
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome. You guys are great.
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I did the c25k...awesome training program!!! I just started this past Sunday with the Bridge to 10k to get me ready for a 10k race I'm doing in November. Feel free to add me as a friend to help with motivation.
  • sharishar
    sharishar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Helloooooo to you tooooo
  • charsauce
    Options
    Well hopefully this website will help keep you off the couch, and instead outside doing the activities you love! Welcome to MFP :D
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Nice post! Glad to have you on board with MFP. You're on your way to a healthy new YOU!
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    Active fat guy lol Sorry but that's kinda funny. Let's get you going towards being an active FIT guy! :) add me.
  • diplomad
    diplomad Posts: 51
    Options
    Im doing W5D3 today! I took about a week off to perfect my 1.5 mile time and improve my pace, but I haven't had to repeat any days or weeks yet. Its been tough...but easy..if that makes any sense. Its amazing how much my endurance has improved the past month or so.