I have a question for the ladies regarding TOM ugghh

Options
Ok so today was my weigh in day I gained .4 ounces and I started my period YAY! NOT! So my question is do I log my weigh in and put the gain in there or do I skip logging the weigh in and just wait till next week? Also if you are on TOM do you normally just skip your weigh in's that week or wait a couple more days to weigh? Help what should I do and what do you girls do?! Thanks :)

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i usually skip the week during TOM because I typically retain a LOT during that week.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I don't skip my weigh in but I also don't stress out if it's up a little because I know it's from water retention.

P.S. I don't log it, especially if it's only up a tiny bit like yours was. Give it a few days and you may even see a loss.
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i skip!!! bc if i see that i gained bc it was TOM i'll be sad! LOL:)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I skip til the next week or wait 3 days til when it drops.
  • mendogirl
    Options
    do not weigh yourself on TOM. badbadbad news. i will gain like 3-4 pounds on TOM. so to avoid a serious emotional meltdown due to weight gain.. i just put the scale away lol
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I don't skip my weigh in but I also don't stress out if it's up a little because I know it's from water retention.

P.S. I don't log it, especially if it's only up a tiny bit like yours was. Give it a few days and you may even see a loss.

I would do this ^^ but really to be honest unless its a major gain like 5 lbs or more and its not just water weight I never record gains (even on normal weeks not just TOM ) I just wait til the next week. For example couple weeks ago went camping I got back and scale showed a 7 lb gain, In less that a week the 7 lbs was gone plus another 1.4 lbs so I never put in gains I just wait til the following week and if it seems like the weight isnt coming off then I might adjust it
  • foremaar012
    Options
    I'm glad you asked this because i was just wondering if I should do my scary weigh in and risk a mental breakdown or just do it in a few days. bah TOM succckkks
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It's TOM for me and my weigh-in day too! I only lost 1.1lbs but I know it was because of TOM. I still log it! Hopefully, next week the scale will be a little nicer for both of us! :-)
  • Aczjohnson
    Aczjohnson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    TOM is supposed to arrive for me tomorrow. I'll weigh but do NOT expect any changes and if I see gain, that will be ok as well. Now........ when I weigh again this weekend and I'm still not down more than these 2 little lbs overall, THEN I will cry. I have been pounding the water this and last week and it has kept my weight gain at bay....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Do what you want with the info. I know during TOM I gain up to 6 pounds in that weigh in, so I don't even bother that week.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    It was TOM for me last week i still weighed in but wasn't going to log it - thankfully i was the same so i was happy :o) but like everyone said i wouldn't worry too much!
  • SmileyAmy1977
    SmileyAmy1977 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I say weigh...the life of eating better and "dieting" (I hate that word) is going to have you going up and down from time to time. Its life. Its going to happen. Better to weigh, mark it down, and stay on plan...whatever that plan may be. And if it really is TOM, then next weigh in should be great!
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked this because i was just wondering if I should do my scary weigh in and risk a mental breakdown or just do it in a few days. bah TOM succckkks

Mental breakdown is right!!! I was sooo disappointed and then bam TOM came and I was like uh ok JERK! && he came about 3 days early! I even worked my *kitten* off extra last nigh hoping to see a loss! Next week better be some big numbers ha!
  • foremaar012
    Options
    no fun. It also sucks bc in a few days i'll start and right now my body is like, " I refuse to be full and you will be hungry 24/7 for a few days and you will only want french fries, pizza, and chocolate." :(
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I weigh in
    it's part of life
    keep your head up!
    your doing a amazing job..
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    no fun. It also sucks bc in a few days i'll start and right now my body is like, " I refuse to be full and you will be hungry 24/7 for a few days and you will only want french fries, pizza, and chocolate." :(

uggh I know I just ate lunch and I am thinking how I could totally go for some salty crunchy greasy food! TOM always makes me CRAVE things I can usually go without!
  • ShannaB83185
    Options
    I weigh in
    it's part of life
    keep your head up!
    your doing a amazing job..

Thank you!! Your doing pretty amazing yourself!!!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    So, you ready to be amazed??

I actually weigh less the week before I start and the week of....don't ask me how or what's up with that. I put 2 and 2 together a few months back and I was pretty stinkin shocked. So as much as I hate TOM and all that it entails, I do look forward to seeing the dip in the scale :wink:
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    it's been a couple of pretty crapy weeks
    but that's part of this friggin journey!!
    but all in all not to bad
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i log it, but i also make sure to note it was my TOM