Sweets?

Options
I want something sweet but can't find anything store bought (I don't want to make it) low enough in calories besides 2 bite brownies or something. What are some things not too high in calories but larger lol?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Marshmallows?
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How low in calories? The Vitatop muffins are 100 calories and I find them in Kroger. Sometimes I take a graham cracker and spread a little lite cool whip on it. :#
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It depends how many calories you're looking for. I like granola bars or rice krispie treats when I'm tight on calories. Those are usually 100 calories or so. Fruit doesn't often hit the spot when I'm craving sweets, but if I find a cantaloupe that's really sweet and juicy, it can be very satisfying and filling. Especially since it's around 250 calories for a whole melon. Sometimes I'll bake a sweet potato and eat it with some cinnamon sugar for 250 calories. Or cook sliced apples on the stove with a little water, cinnamon and brown sugar. Those are good on their own or in oatmeal. Annie's Chocolate Bunny Grahams are pretty tasty for 130 calories a serving. That's about all I can think of right now!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I just had some of my non fat greek plain yogurt(100 g) with 2 Tbl of chocolate PB2 in it, mmmm 100 cal
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Eat the brownie and that's your sweet for the day .
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I keep multigrain frozen waffles from Aldi & some light whipped topping in the freezer, and some Hershey's chocolate syrup in the fridge. Toasting a waffle and adding an ice cream scoop of whipped topping and drizzle of chocolate syrup when it's still warm...so good. I call it "waffle magic" (jokingly) and for about 170 calories it feels like a "real dessert" to me. But it isn't so good I want it every night, either.

A couple of treats I was surprised to find had fewer calories than I expected are Cadbury creme eggs (150) and full-size Snickers ice cream bars from a convenience store (250, but they are quite large and very sweet/decadent compared to the Snickers chocolate bar for the same calories).
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly/jello.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I keep multigrain frozen waffles from Aldi .

thank you for that, i regularly shop at Aldi, but never saw them. Should be nice with some ice cream and strawberries as a treat, thank you
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hard candies. Besides they take a while to finish.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    jc1961AA wrote: »
    I keep multigrain frozen waffles from Aldi .

thank you for that, i regularly shop at Aldi, but never saw them. Should be nice with some ice cream and strawberries as a treat, thank you

Sure! They are 70 calories each and really quite tasty & nice texture, too. I tried some Eggo waffles from another supermarket and they were not nearly as good.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars are anywhere from 90-150 calories.
  • RainaL1987
    RainaL1987 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. I am not ready to give up sweets :)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You can also half-way freeze a container of yogurt. Or make a batch of sugar free pudding and partially freeze it. Wait for it to get solid-ish but not rock hard. Then top with fruit and whatever else you'd like - chocolate chips, crumbled graham cracker, chopped up protein bar, sweet cereal, nuts, oreo pieces etc etc.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Graham crackers!
  • mlheideman
    mlheideman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Big bowl of berries with fat free readi-whip
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know how low in calories you're hoping to keep your sweets, too. I have a dozen or so desserts I cycle through, but some of them are 80 calories and some closer to 200. Knowing what you're hoping for might help with more specific suggestions.

Fudge pops
    Sugar free jello pudding
    Vanilla Greek yogurt mixed with Hershey's chocolate powder (makes a mousse dessert)
    Chocolate peanut butter melted over popcorn
    Chobani flips
    Fruit cups
    Frozen bananas
    Skinny Cow ice cream bars
    Halo Top
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    RainaL1987 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the ideas. I am not ready to give up sweets :)

Me too girl!
  • RainaL1987
    RainaL1987 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know how low in calories you're hoping to keep your sweets, too. I have a dozen or so desserts I cycle through, but some of them are 80 calories and some closer to 200. Knowing what you're hoping for might help with more specific suggestions.

Fudge pops
    Sugar free jello pudding
    Vanilla Greek yogurt mixed with Hershey's chocolate powder (makes a mousse dessert)
    Chocolate peanut butter melted over popcorn
    Chobani flips
    Fruit cups
    Frozen bananas
    Skinny Cow ice cream bars
    Halo Top

80-200 calories is ok with me. Probably nothing over 250. Thank you for all your ideas. Yesterday I had strawberries with fat free cool whip I'm not a huge fan eater but it was very good.