100 pounds down

Options
I started this journey in really bad health. I was overly diabetic. Morbidly obese. My liver was damaged because I was so careless and never took care of myself. Today i can proudly say I am no longer on my diabetic medicine and I’m in complete control. I pulled out all my “maybe I can fit in this again someday” clothes that I’ve saved for 15-20 years in my closet. Thinking one day I would be able to relive those days by fitting in those clothes. Half of them are too big for me now. Which couldn’t make me happier. I’ve struggled with my weight for 20 years. I’ve always told myself I’m starting a diet tomorrow. Tomorrow would come and then the next day and the day after that. No diet in sight. Or I would eat good for a few days and then something stressful would happen and I would turn right back to food. I did it this time. I set my mind to it and I’ve been climbing that hill. I am not at my goal yet but I wanted to give a bit of hope to those of you who are in my shoes. Keep at it, it is possible. I never thought it was but I’m making it. Good luck!

Replies

• voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You mentally got there and you did it!
    Cute as a damn button with CONGRATS attatched <3
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, Congratulations :)
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome :smiley: congrats
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your face looks so much slimmer :) Congratulations, you look almost like a new person! :)
  • artnom
    artnom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great results, congratulations! :smile:
  • Jedi_Jo
    Jedi_Jo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and well done. You look fabulous.
  • Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow...so.inspiring ! You look amazing....well done....you look so much younger !
  • frau5
    frau5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. I'm not diabetic but I am morbidly obese. I've tried many, many diets and always lose some weight but then the diet stops (or I stop following the plan) and the weight comes back but it brings friends. This time I'm charting my calories and so far I'm down 24 lbs. I have a long "weigh" to go but I don't want to be fat and miserable anymore. The daily food journal is keeping me accountable.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    You are doing an awesome job and look great. What you are doing is working so stick with it. This is not to be rude, but you look so much younger too in your after pic. Stunning is a word i would use. <3:)
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story. What a change for the better you have made. My husband is diabetic and has been using MyFitnessPal along with me. Stories about coming off diabetes meds always inspire me! Well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!