Exercise videos for the beginner

Options
Hi all.

Looking for some suggestions for a very overweight, in poor shape beginner that will not leave me frustrated and quitting. Does anyone know of anything like that? I am interested in 30DS but I think that is above my knee's abilities at this time.

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I started out just using Just Dance 2 on the wii,it is fun and you do get a workout. I also just walked. I found all the dvds hard but if you do them just try to keep up as best as you can and not stop. keep you heart rate up there in the fat burning zone. I got the Zumba workout game for the wiii now and i use it all the time it is fun, burns a lot of calories, and i am learning some fun dance moves too. :)
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    You might want to start with Biggest Loser workouts, because they cater to people who are very overweight. I started with the Power Walk, and it's AMAZING if you're a beginner. There are four total work outs, each one is about a mile. It built me up to going on the elliptical and finally doing a lot of other exercises. They have other great workouts too that are easy on the knees and low impact.
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's walking dvd's are really good for all fitness levels. Easy and fun.
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Like you, I'm excited about 30DS but figure it would probably kill me if I try it before I lose a few more pounds. Try Leslie Sansone's Walk-at-Home DVDs. Someone suggested them to me and I'm having a great time with them. It's super easy and if the harder parts are too hard, just keep walking in place! You'll definitely work up a sweat! Good luck!!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's walking dvd's are really good for all fitness levels. Easy and fun.

I was going to suggest this also.
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree Leslie Sansone walking dvds are great
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2 is good too, and it has 3 levels for the pre designed workouts, or you can design your own. You can get it for Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360 kinect.

I started with the earlier versions of Sports Active and they really helped me .....
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions! I am just wondering about the Leslie Sansone ones... are they done on the floor or a treadmill or..?
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The Leslie Sansone dvds are done by simply doing some march in place, side steps, low kicks with some easy arm movements here and there. Basic stuff. No equipment required. :)