Struggling here with some numbers.

Options
I currently weigh 241 pounds, I was at 248 sixteen days ago. I think it's awesome how far I have come. I am currently trying for a 70 pound weight loss. I have my calories set to where I can eat 1750 per day. However, I don't eat my 1750 and I also exercise almost daily and earn about 800 calories. They are hour long vigorous workouts. Here is where my problem comes in at. When you guys say to bank calories for the weekend what exactly does that mean? I mean I know what it sounds like but how do you decide how many calories to bank? I went about 300 into my exercise calories yesterday when eating and it really upset me. Why can't I find that gray area? I see everything as black or white. I feel like if I fall off then I just really fall off. Luckily I didn't just completely jump off the rails yesterday but today I feel like I failed myself. I need to go to the gym or just a walk through my neighborhood.

I can't let this ONE day destroy my progress again. I let that happen to me 3 years ago. I lost 30 pounds with this app and then my husband went out of town for a week, while he was gone that week I managed to blow this lifestyle change and skewed out of control, then I broke my leg in 3 places and ALL the weight plus 30 pounds came back.

How do I keep myself focus on the prize and just not give up? I have a gym membership but I don't want to go today. Maybe I am overdoing it? I've been everyday since Wednesday. I feel like if I don't go then I am failing myself. I always feel better after going. I haven't taken rest days either, maybe that's what is also making me feel worn down, I don't know. I just feel tired guys.

I need some insight, motivation, SOMETHING... words of wisdom, anything at this point to keep me from beating myself up over 1 day.

Replies

• andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    ONE DAY WILL NOT DESTROY YOUR PROGRESS! I cannot emphasize that enough! Your thought process sounds so much like mine when I had anorexia years ago, and that is not a path you want to go down.

When "banking" calories for the weekend it is exactly what it sounds like, what really matters are the weekly average calories, so if you can eat 1750 every day and you eat only 1700 during the week you save up 5*50 = 250 calories for the weekend. If you also exercise those calories also gets "moved" to the weekend.

It sounds like you are on the way to dieting a bit too hard in the beginning, which can really mess with your metabolism and make it almost impossible to lose the final pounds. I would recommend rather giving it more time so that you can get all the way down and actually stay there without having to starve for the rest of your life :)
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It's when I eat very early in the morning that totally throws me off. If I eat around noonish or so then I feel like I am ok but I was at the gym at 10:30 yesterday morning and I ate a 200 calorie protein bar. It had 20 grams of protein. I thought I would feel fuller a little bit longer but maybe I need to eat the bar after going to the gym? I'm not sure how this works when eating before the gym/after the gym with the protein.