Just starting

Options
Yesterday was my 61st birthday. In the past year, I’ve had 3 rotator cuff surgeries (same arm), and seems I will need knee replacement. I’m so tired of failing at weight loss. I just want to feel normal. I want to achieve a healthier lifestyle but not make fanatical changes that will be impossible to maintain long term. So here I am. I like My Fitness Pal, so it’s a good place to start I think.

Replies

• Averagechick2015
    Averagechick2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good for you! People are super supportive on here it’s definite a good place to start. Simple and small changes can go a long way and are easy to maintain. The changes don’t have to be drastic a little more exercise and healthier eating are all good starting points. Feel free to add me.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You made the first step and that's getting started! You hear it all the time, but small changes add up. Just do a little at a time and you'll get there!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    First step is always the hardest! Being a Grandma is even more of a good reason to get health and weight in order cause they do go hand in hand! Log...move a bit if you can and be patient! This is not a hop on hop off ride it's a one way ticket to well being and self discovery!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! :smile:
  • krebscabbage
    krebscabbage Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im just getting started too...i deal with pain issues that make moving around hard, so i tend to gain weight. I'm 42, starting at 248lbs. I just finished my first week (literally yesterday) and lost 2 lbs. :) It's going to be a long journey, but I've got to try...
  • krebscabbage
    krebscabbage Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    First step is always the hardest! Being a Grandma is even more of a good reason to get health and weight in order cause they do go hand in hand! Log...move a bit if you can and be patient! This is not a hop on hop off ride it's a one way ticket to well being and self discovery!

Well said.. and 100% true!