Doing What Works for Me !!!!

Options
lagina19871
lagina19871 Posts: 54 Member
So today in the locker room before work me and my female co workers where talking about gaining weight. I was complaining about how bloated my stomach was since I stated eating carbs again. My co worker said I remember you lost all that weight before what did you do? See about 4 years ago, right before I met my husband I lost about 25 pounds in a couple of months, which is a lot of weight on my 5 foot frame. I told her all I did was stop eating out and I ate at home, and I even had a drink once in a while, and I hit the gym about three days a week. At that moment a light bulb went off in my head. Why do I keep trying all these different diets low carb, intermittent fasting, keto, protein shakes. I looked back at my logs from four years ago, I logged everything and I was eating good home cooked foods !!! I need to do what worked for me before which is eating at home, logging my food and getting in some exercise. I mean who am I kidding I love to eat, I always have !!!!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You got it!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    All any of us can do to be successful is, to do whatever works for each of us.
    It is not rocket science. Take advice and suggestions from others, but adapt it to ourselves and our life style.
    People are all different. Finding what works through trial and error.
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I wish you the very best on your journey!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! TBH, this sounds like a plan you can live with rather than a short-term stopgap solution.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    No magic huh? Just good old less calories than you use=fat burn. Hmmm...imagine that.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    When that lightbulb moment happens...its like an epiphany :smile: now you know what to do :smile: All the best.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Be glad you figured it out before trying more and more methods that may or may not work for you. We all have different things that impact our efforts in various ways and to various extents. Figuring out which of those things will either keep you on track or derail you is often the downfall of many of the people that struggle.

In the end, what works for you is all that really matters.
  • rachelannette
    rachelannette Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Lagina, that is great. My husband and I started out on Weight Watchers in January. I was losing fine, but he was not. We switched to MyFitnessPal in February, counting calories, and exercising 5-6 days a week, and have lost 24 lbs each so far. It is easier for us to stay on track by careful planning our meals and snacks, and eating at home helps not to stray