Smoothie Recipes

Options
Does anyone have any good smoothie recipes that you want to share with me? I am getting bored with my usual protein shake, so I kind of want to switch it up!! Send me some recipes.....also feel free to add me as a friend if you want to for more encouragement!!!!! :)

Replies

• alexg94
    alexg94 Posts: 44
    Options
    I would like to know too since I just use milk, a banana and some whey. Gets boring fast.
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have as a friend "gooteek " but he is always putting his shake recipes on his profile and from what I can tell he is tries something different every day. He has some pretty good ones and I have tried one or 2. He uses Shakeology but you can us any protein powder.
  • Aperyan83
    Aperyan83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    plain fat free yogurt
    frozen strawberries (that were bought fresh -frozen at home)
    fresh blueberries
    a few spinach leaves
    your choice natrual sweetner
  • nicolerichey
    Options
    Try using soy or almond milk instead of normal milk, more protein. Also throw some berries in, they are great anti-oxidants and taste great. Sometimes I also like to throw in one scoop of frozen yogurt, it adds something cold and creamy and is a much better alternative to ice cream. Depending on what fruit you put in, a tsp of cinnamon adds a great flavor and is great for your metabolism and regulating blood sugars (goes really well with banana).
    Hope that inspires some ideas!!
  • Aperyan83
    Aperyan83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would like to know too since I just use milk, a banana and some whey. Gets boring fast.

what is whey?? should i use that?
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I get bored also. Here are some of my combos: I just blend them. Each line is a smoothie.
    Almond milk (40 cal.), 2TBS. almond butter, scoop vanilla protein powder, ice (sometimes a cup of coffee)
    Fage greek yogurt (1/2 c.), 1 cup froze mixed berries, or 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries, almond milk, ice, pro. powder
    1 cup skim milk, powder, cup of coffee.
    Fage yogurt, skim milk, pro. powder, sugar free choc. syrup

Good luck!!!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Vanilla whey protein powder, orange juice (natural and no pulp is my preference) frozen strawberries and frozen blueberries, a few ice cubes, BLEND! I did half orange juice half cran raspberry this weekend (I was low on orange juice) tangier and very tasty!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Handful baby spinach
    plain greek yogurt
    1 cup strawberries, frozen (or add ice)
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1 banana
    1-2 tbsp ground flax meal
    1/4 cup cucumber with peel
    teaspoon or two of honey
    3/4 cup milk, add more as needed
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    I have something on my blog that I found, here's the link to that page:

http://healthysideoflife.tumblr.com/post/8304487965/rainbow-smoothies

Also, this next link has 50 other smoothie recipes. I haven't tried any of them but I intend to soon =] Just scroll down a little for this one!

http://flashfitness.tumblr.com/post/8224296501/50-smoothies

Hope this helps!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein powder
    Unsweetened cocoa powder (should be like 20 cal per serving)
    1-2 Very ripe bananas to get the most natural sweetness possible
    Skim Milk, or your choice of dairy substitute
    Optional: Additional sweetener to taste
  • birdiet903
    birdiet903 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For a super super quick breakfast, I blend 1 can chocolate Slim Fast and 1 cup frozen berries.
  • cbashful
    cbashful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I usuallly buy the frozen fruit and just use 2% milk. Works pretty well for me. Or you can use fresh fruit.
    I cup of fruit and 1 cup of milk.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I do the Body by Vi Nutritional Smoothies! There are thousands of recipes and there are great health benefits from doing the shakes! They taste great and give you energy! I recommend them to anyone!!! I can give you a link to explain more if you want! Feel free to add me for encouragement or any questions you have!
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1 cup of frozen fruit (Target makes a frozen tropical mix of bananas, pineapples, mangos and peaches)
    1 cup of V-Fusion Light juice (Acai Mixed Berry or Concord Grape Raspberry are my faves)

Absolutely delicious and couldn't be easier. If I'm having one after a workout, I throw a scoop of soy protein powder in the blender with them.
  • rdmchugh
    rdmchugh Posts: 76
    Options
    Summer fruit smoothies are some of my favorites! I like green smoothies because of the high nutrition content, but you could leave that part out. I shop at farmer's markets for fresh, organic, in season fruits. Frozen could be used instead. Toss this stuff in a good blender!

Mango Peach Smoothie
    1 mango (pealed and seeded)
    2 peaches (seeded)
    3/4 cup Goodbelly Mango flavor (or just use water)
    1/2-3/4 cup filtered water (blend and add more to thin as needed)
    1 1/2 cup spinach (1 generous handful) (optional but YUMMY!)
    1/4 block tofu (optional, add to increase protein content, I use Silken Sproutofu when I add this)

Mango Pineapple Smoothie
    Same as above only replace peaches with 1/4 of a fresh cut pineapple

Blueberry Banana Smoothie
    1/2 pint blueberries
    1 banana (pealed)
    3/4 cup Goodbelly Blueberry Acai flavor (or just use water)
    1/2-3/4 cup filtered water (blend and add more to thin as needed)
    1 1/2 cup spinach (1 generous handful) (optional but YUMMY!)
    1/4 block tofu (optional, add to increase protein content, I use Silken Sproutofu)

variations: 1 pint blueberries and leave out the banana
    replace blueberries and banana with 1/2 pint strawberries

Will post my winter smoothies another time.

ENJOY!

PS: I have to be milk and diary free...so no yogurt or milk in these.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I usually blend 4oz of almond milk, 4oz of low fat yogurt, 1 Tbs of peanut or almond butter and 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries. Sometimes I add a handful of baby spinach. Add ice for a thicker, colder smoothie. Fills me up for hours.
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    I usually do this rather then a protein shake, they're too sweet for me.

Berry shake:
    1 cup frozen no sugar added mixed berries
    1/4 to 1/2 cup fage Total 0% Greek yogurt
    1 cup rice dream
    1 scoop Procel unflavored protein powder
    1 heaping tsp whole husk psyllium powder

You can use different types of frozen fruit and sometimes I halve the berries and add a whole banana.