Mama of twin toddlers wanting to get my sexy back

Options
dajanaf1975
dajanaf1975 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there! I’m an almost 43 year old mama of twin toddler boys who has gained 20 pounds since their birth. My weight is not baby weight, it’s ‘I’ve been eating my emotions’ weight.

My husband and I struggled with infertility for years and finally have the family we always dreamed of. I want to be healthy and set a good example for my little dudes. Most importantly it’s time for me to practice some self care.

I also want to overcome my sugar addiction. If it’s creamy, rich or chocolate’y, I want it. I’m trying to curb my cravings for sweets by having alternatives like Medjool dates stuffed with natural peanut butter or an apple. And I’m not adding extra sugar to my food or my tea. It’s tough but I’m tougher!

I’d like to lose 15 pounds by our 15 wedding anniversary which is at the end of June. Here’s to making progress slowly and safely!

Replies

• katicooper
    katicooper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to add you as I friend! I'm a twin mom of 2 year old Di/Di identical boys with autism. I am eating to drop 20lbs in the next 4 months.
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Dajana! I'm a 40-year old mom of 5 (blended family but still family!) and would be happy to support you on your journey :smiley:
  • dajanaf1975
    dajanaf1975 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I'm a mum of one to a beautiful 4 year old and I want to be a good role model for her teaching her healthy eating. I have about 2 stone (28 pounds) to lose so please feel free to add me