Tips for conquering the box jump?

Options
I go to 9round and we typically have a box jump station at least once a week. I am terrified of it! I don't know why but I just lock up. Its metal and I can barely get up there and I feel like I'm going to wipe out and destroy my shins on it. I typically end up just stepping up and down or something instead.

Any tips on how to get over this dumb fear? Or even stuff I can do at home and get to a point of being able to do this?

Replies

• thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    we do box jumps at my gym too, but the trainer has had me do steps on the pedestal until just recently, when he had me start on a short box jump on a platform that's probably only about 6 inches. So, you know, work your way up to the box jump station. You can always do squat jumps to your comfort level.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Start small and increase the height as you go along, problem obviously is to find the right boxes to jump on. Does your gym has different sizes?
  • tittle22
    tittle22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No there is only one thats metal and about a foot up? Maybe a little taller than that. Ive been looking to see if there are smaller ones I can buy for at home