Yoga mat recommendations

Options
I’m looking for a good yoga mat that’s not slippery and has really good cushioning for my bad knees. Any recommendations?

Replies

• geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Manduka, but expensive. I just use a thick Gaim mat and when my knees are really bothering me, 2 mats. Here is a review of mats.

https://doyogawithme.com/yoga-mats
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I have a squishy exercise mat and then a yoga mat over the top.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Any thick yoga mat should be fine. I have a thick yoga mat over a regular one, which might be more than I need, but my knees are happy.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I like my lululemon 5mm reversible mat for stickiness and cushion. It does show wear pretty easily if that bothers you
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Manduka Pro mats (very spendy - $100+) or Lululemon 5 mm (less spendy - $70ish). If you don't want to invest a ton now you can always double up on less expensive mats.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Manduka.

You can always just use a blanket under your knees.
  • gcassells
    gcassells Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a Manduka (pro lite long) which I’ve used daily for 3.5 years and still looks brand new. The pro lite still has great padding but is lighter than the pro, and I got the long because I’m 6’2 and like the extra space :) I recommend it to everyone.
  • 5838fish623
    5838fish623 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Check out Jade Mats. Excellent for hot yoga and not slippery at all. Not inexpensive but I have one I've used most days for the past 6 years.
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I do not recommend Gaian mats, mine is really slippery. I’ve washed it multiple times and sprayed it with vinegar to no avail. Any tips to make it less slippery? Also, I second the extra length. It was worth the splurge for those inches.