Plus size and just getting started!!!!!!!

Options
I'm 32 and just getting started. Today is my first day on this new journey. Although I'm excited I'm obviously a bit nervous. Before I had my daughter I lost roughly 40 pounds but this go round has been tough. I'm up and down in my weight and I'm tired of it. It's time to take my life back. Soooo my question to you all is.....I'm plus size and would like some great exercise ideas I can do at home. I like routine. What are some workouts you would suggest for plus size women??

Replies

• Serendipity31918
    Serendipity31918 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really like Leslie Sansone's walk at home videos... they also range from beginner to advanced levels :) You can find her on YouTube and/or buy her videos on Amazon, Wal-Mart (probably just about anywhere)
  • iwantitall4209
    iwantitall4209 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I will check it out.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels 30 day shed. It’s 18 minutes and 3 circuits of 6 minutes so it goes by really quickly. I just do it on week days (10 days per level) and just keep doing the level until I can do it without feeling like I’m going to die
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    There's yoga on Netflix and Amazon.
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I do StrongLifts and kettlebells at home. Have to buy some weights to start but it has made a big difference in my shape.
  • mztamaraann
    mztamaraann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I bought a step from amazon and did step aerobics at home watching videos from Amazon prime. You've lost weight once before so your body knows exactly what it needs to do. I think the key is to not limit yourself. Don't think of exercises for someone plus size. Do what feels right. I got a cheap gym membership from my local park and I wake up at an ungodly early hour and try workouts that I found on youtube the night before. It works for me. Google Whitney Simmons. She's pretty awesome.
  • rhondajoco
    rhondajoco Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am close to 100 lbs overweight, but am amazed at how much I can do (while still being careful not to overdo it). I like swimming and brisk walking (outdoors or treadmill) but I have recently been using the videos at fitfusion.com and am loving the variety. Currently, my favorites are the Leslie Sansone Miracle mile workouts and Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred. I recommend you try lots of different types of workouts - there are modifications for almost any move that can make it easier for me until you get stronger.
  • aboston5
    aboston5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great way to start out. Also there are lots of free videos on YouTube. So you can find something that suits you. I love the Natalie Jill workouts. They’re short and easy on the joints. It doesn’t mean they’re easy but it won’t hurt your joints.
  • KeThur_18
    KeThur_18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like the Zumba videos they are fun and flirty
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I just started walking and using a fitness glider I got ages ago as a 'length of service' gift from my old work place. Eventually, I bought a book on strength training and some dumbbells and added in exercises from there.
  • charpat58
    charpat58 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Check out Jessica Smith TV on You Tube