Pregnant, and looking to eat healthy

Options
ahm29
ahm29 Posts: 3 Member
Looking for friends to motivate!

I recently lost 40+ pounds with Weight Watchers after my first pregnancy. Now, just starting my second pregnancy, I would like to focus on nutrition and make better choices so I don’t gain close to 60 pounds like the first time.

I’m new to MyFitnessPal and would love the extra motivation!

Replies

• Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congratulations to you and your growing family :) Please be careful while pregnant to speak with your doctor first before going further. Generally while pregnant you'll want to add about 300 calories more a day. That really doesn't translate into much more food so I'd suggest finding some healthy options like fruit, vegetables, lean protein, nuts, yogurt and dairy that will help you and baby. Suggestions like staying way from fried, processed and sugary foods might be a way to go.
  • Runner2shed
    Runner2shed Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm in my last trimester and have gained about 20 lbs so far. Everyone has been saying most of the weight comes in the last trimester so I want to be better about my habits, which thus far were pretty not healthy.
  • MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m 21 weeks and I recently been instructed to go on a diet for my glucose intolerance and also exercise! I’m looking for other mamas to become friends on here and motivate each other!
  • Francescaparsons92
    Francescaparsons92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Well done on your previous weightloss as well.
    I'm 14 weeks with baby number 3 and realised now I'm not taking any supplements I was seriously under eating, leading to binges during the week.
    Hoping to chat with other expectant mothers and motivate to stay healthy!
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I used MFP during pregnancy to track nutrients, keep some consistency with meals/calories and make sure I didn't fall for the whole 'eating for two' thing (i like big portions) and I found it made me healthy & happy throughout. Congratulations!
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Pregnant moms add me! I've always totally eaten whatever I've wanted in previous pregnancies; this will be my first calorie-counting pregnancy. Are you interested in a group? Maybe check in once a week to share your progress, how many weeks we all are, ups and downs?
  • fingersmith
    fingersmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm currently twelve weeks pregnant.
    In the midst of the constant nausea so have lost 11 lbs since I found out I was pregnant and I lost 9 lbs in the gap between getting pregnant and discovering the news - 20lbs total.
    I'm in the obese weight category so want to be careful.
    I have begun tracking again with my goal set to maintenance to see what I am eating. At the moment, with the sickness, it has varied between 500 calories and 1200 a day - the latter being rare. But I'm sure it will become easier to eat to the goal and make healthy choices once I can actually stand the smell of food again. :)
  • Laflammp
    Laflammp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 20 weeks pregnant with my second! At my first pregnancy, I gained over 50lbs!! I already am quite overweight to begin with! This time, I am aiming at controlling the weight gain! I have gained only five pounds so far (yay!) but I also have had quite a few weeks of binge eating, giving in to my unhealthy cravings, etc. Add me if you want! I neep help with accountability for looging my food!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm 23 wks pregnant with my 2nd child. I really don't recall my first weight gain, but I lost it all. At my last appt, I was told that I pushing the expected weight gain already and I'm this is the point that I start to gain more. Not only do I want to watch what I eat, but I want to ensure that I'm able to lose the weight easily because I have to get back into Navy standards. I look forward to the motivation and getting used to using MFP and FITBIT once again.
  • bweller15
    bweller15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my second child. Before/during my first pregnancy I was active duty and very physically active. Starting at a healthy weight + all 9 months of morning sickness is probably what saved me from gaining more than I did. Last pregnancy I delivered at 215lbs, this pregnancy I'm starting at that weight. I'm concerned about my health and the health of my baby so I'm looking for a way to lose/maintain. I'm a stay at home mom now so my lifestyle is pretty sedentary these days. Any tips, advice, or motivation welcome! Feel free to add me! :)
  • bduhaime100
    bduhaime100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi guys!! so happy to have found this thread! I am trying to track now that the morning sickness has subsided. Prior to that all bets were off. I'm 25ish weeks (i'll be 26 on Sunday) and just trying to keep it around 2,000 per day with lots of protein and minimizing sugar (although tbh i'm not doing as well with that). If you truly look at my pre-pregnancy weight and not what the doctor has written down from my 8 week appointment then i have already gained 30lbs so I'm reallllly trying to watch it and not gain a pound more than I have to from this point on! It calms my anxiety to track!!
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ladies-- good news! @Parthus02 started a group for pregnant moms. It's called "Fit and Preggers -- 2018 Due Dates" . Search and join! See you there!