Gym app

Options
Hi,
A real newbe, just 21 days into my fitness pal. The best incentive I have ever used. Does anyone know of a compatible iPhone app that will monitor gym apparatus, ie. spin cycle, rowing machine etc. which can be either synced or copied across to the fitness pal .
Tjanks

Replies

• ThreeLilBirdsFarm
    ThreeLilBirdsFarm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use Map My Walk (run, bike..etc). Some gyms have their own but they do not sync.
    I am trying to find one that will keep track of strength when I ran across this thread. :)
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "monitor"?
  • acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    MapMyFitness is the app I use...a ton of variations of exercises to track in conjunction with phone / Fitbit / other fitness device.
  • gwoodsfit
    gwoodsfit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a spreadsheet on my phone to record calories, distance, and time taken from workout devices like treadmill, stationary bike, and Stairmaster. I record reps and weights on the spreadsheet when I do strength exercises.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I use a polar heart rate monitor and the polar flow app that tracks calories burned during a workout. This syncs to MFP. I also use the body space app(bodybuilding.com) to record my weight lifting programs. This one doesn't sync.
    I have seen some of the cardio at my gym with a new bluetooth feature and app that saves your data right from the machine. I want to say that Planet Fitness equipment might work with an app also but I don't go there and it was a while ago that i saw this.