Replies

• cardosi12
    cardosi12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why did you deliberately pick a diet that's challenging for you?
  • vicben
    vicben Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on Keto? I started Keto on Feb 1, and so far I've lost 25 lbs. I still have another 120 lbs to go but of course I want it gone yesterday!! I want to be able to enjoy the summer in sleeveless tops and skirts or shorts, but I'm always the one wearing black, long sleeves and long pants. I'll be 55 in Oct and I have a 15 yo son. I've been lucky to have a Personal Trainer for 6 weeks, 3x a week, and that time is over, so I have a gym membership now. It is harder doing it on my own and I don't look forward to going to workout. I have no problem with eating the foods on keto, but I have a hard time planning my meals for the day to make sure I met my macros and to limit my calories. If anyone has a suggestion on how to get organized and come up with a meal plan on a daily basis, I would love to hear it. Right now, I start my day with bulletproof coffee, a salad for lunch with cheese and bacon and blue cheese dressing, then I try to fit my dinner into whatever limits I have left. I want to stay the course and could use some help with that!
  • Latucker21
    Latucker21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Is there something specific that you're finding challenging? And how long have you been on Keto? I started January 10 and am down 29 lbs. I have another 85 or so to go to be where I want to be. I'm almost 51, and am feeling better than I have in a long time. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • bizinfi
    bizinfi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and started Keto last week.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    cardosi12 wrote: »
    I’m 55 looking to stay on keto even though a challenging diet for me

Why did you pick keto?

The single most important factor to a diet is that you can stick with it. Many people enjoy keto because they feel satisfied with it. Most people are just as satisfied at a slightly higher carb level, but the Mediterranean diet doesn't have any charismatic gurus.
  • oldkmom
    oldkmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Latucker21 wrote: »
    Is there something specific that you're finding challenging? And how long have you been on Keto? I started January 10 and am down 29 lbs. I have another 85 or so to go to be where I want to be. I'm almost 51, and am feeling better than I have in a long time. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Hi! I'm 48 and have lost about 60 on keto and have about 100 to go....I also feel better than I have in a long time.

Friends?? I could use the support!