Headaches and nausea after exercise....

Options
I started running in intervals in the past week. It has really pushed me physically and I've enjoyed it...but I've been getting horrible headaches toward the end of my work-outs and last night I almost vomited after my workout! I never felt that sick before...I drink lots of water during the run...I only workout about 40 minutes a day...so what is causing this! Should I go the the doctor?

Replies

• kyeshai
    Options
    I started running in intervals in the past week. It has really pushed me physically and I've enjoyed it...but I've been getting horrible headaches toward the end of my work-outs and last night I almost vomited after my workout! I never felt that sick before...I drink lots of water during the run...I only workout about 40 minutes a day...so what is causing this! Should I go the the doctor?
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It's ALWAYS good to talk to your doctor with new exercise and symptoms.

I remember reading once that headaches during a workout are a sign that you're not hydrated enough? But I don't know much about these things I just read a lot. :smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    yes...see a doctor....almost vomiting and headaches could be a number of serious issues...you are worth the trouble to see a Doctor...take it easy until he/she checks you out
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    Doctor, Yes but also I would drink some fruit juice in-between my work outs and see if that helps. It does for me.:smile:
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    overexerting yourself when working out and make anyone feel like throwing up, I've had it before. but definitely wouldn't help to check with a doc.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Check that blood pressure and go to a doctor. Overexertion can cause those symptoms, but repeatedly is very suspect.

If you cannot get to a doctor immediately, get a heart rate monitor and log where your rate is at when the symptoms occur.

I'm afraid for you - please get yourself checked out.
  • DMORTIFF
    DMORTIFF Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's good that you drink water while you run you might want to run 6 hrs later but for the current run you should have hydrated prior to water all day keeps the silver bullet away and if you don't know what that is it's how your core temperature will be taken if you pass out cause of heat stroke.