Slow and Steady- Ready to get started!

Options
Hello! I am new to this site and just figured I would take the initial plunge. Sometimes the first steps are the hardest. I work a full time desk job as a case manager and find it difficult to encourage other people to do something that I am not really doing so well with myself. So, I will be working quite a bit harder to lose a fair amount of weight and really embrace a healthier and subsequently happier lifestyle.

Replies

• Birdgyrl
    Options
    well hello
    I started on Sunday and was shocked at the amount of calories I ate, have been really mondful of what I am eating and am really enjoying the food diary, to see how many calories things are.

Good luck:happy:
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You have certainly come to the right place!! I absolutely love MFP and has helped me lose the last baby weight I had. I hope you find this site as inspiring and motivating as I do. :flowerforyou:
  • Sensations87
    Options
    Thank you very much and thanks for the add! I am really looking forward to not doing this alone and helping others to lose too!
  • Sensations87
    Options
    I can completely agree! Just today I looked at the calorie amount in my favorite tea and was shocked to see that it alone takes up about 1/7 of my calorie intake goal for the whole day! Holy cow! I have a lot to learn! :ohwell:
  • leapfrogs
    leapfrogs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am glad to meet you Slow and Steady - ready to get started. I myself have just gotten started last Tuesday. I welcome you to a successful journey. I know what your talking about with all the calories one can consume. Holy Calories!!! Before you know it you can blow your hole bank account. MFP is a wonderful tool I am finding out myself, so here's to you on a journey on a healthier you.