7 Pounds In One Week? Wow...

Options
Alright...it's one of 3 things:

1) The scale at the gym was wrong last week when I weighed in

2) The scale at the gym was wrong THIS week when I weighed in

or 3) Changing your eating and exercise habits really can have a HUGE effect!

I'm going to go with #3! Now, before everyone jumps all over me for losing an unhealthy amount of weight in a week, I've spent enough time watching "The Biggest Loser" (usually with a bag of chips or bowl of ice cream in my lap...ha ha!) to know that the biggest weight loss is usually in the first week.

So, I know this isn't a reasonable amount of weight to lose every week, but I'm pretty freakin' happy about this!

I feel great right now!

145844.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    Alright...it's one of 3 things:

1) The scale at the gym was wrong last week when I weighed in

2) The scale at the gym was wrong THIS week when I weighed in

or 3) Changing your eating and exercise habits really can have a HUGE effect!

I'm going to go with #3! Now, before everyone jumps all over me for losing an unhealthy amount of weight in a week, I've spent enough time watching "The Biggest Loser" (usually with a bag of chips or bowl of ice cream in my lap...ha ha!) to know that the biggest weight loss is usually in the first week.

So, I know this isn't a reasonable amount of weight to lose every week, but I'm pretty freakin' happy about this!

I feel great right now!

145844.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound too unreasonable.

Great job!:drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    7lbs WTG!!!..sometimes Im able to pull of a 7lb loss if I really pump it up when excercising.its not unhealthy as long as your getting your calories and eating right, working out..just consider yourself one of the lucky ones Woot!!...Good job!!:drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Yay :flowerforyou: You forgot option number 4.... (Dont smack me!) water weight. so sad, so true. But I'm betting not all of it was water. :flowerforyou: nice work, keep it up!:drinker:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    You are so right about the first week! For me it was the first two, I lost 4 pounds week one and 3 pounds week two. Every since its been a steady .5-2 lb loss.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great!
    Like you said, you realize that it WON'T happen every week!
    Some of it was no doubt water weight, and guys DO tend to lose faster :grumble: but hey, that's one heck of a start to your "life style change", isn't it?!!!
    Keep up the great job you're doing! :smile:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    good job:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • llhenley
    llhenley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile: :wink: :happy: Good for you! 7 pounds is totally possible. I went on the South Beach and for 15 days I lost like 12 pounds. I was not starving at all, not hungry all the time, and once I got rolling I lost 65 pounds. Off course I have gained 25 back over the last 3 years, but I am trying again. Good for you! Keep up the good work!:happy:
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! im so happy for you!!!
  • bloombaby
    bloombaby Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I lost eight pounds this week, so I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've been eating healthier and eating the recommended calories along with exercising but I NEVER thought I'd lose that much so quickly!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great WTG!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!