What is Your Most Ridiculous Weight Loss Goal

Options
I’m curious to know how many people have set “unbelievable” weight loss goals and actually had success? What were the short-term and long-term outcomes?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :(
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Well, I've never been the dieting type and didn't mind being fat. When I finally decided to lose weight I wasn't even sure I would stick with it for more than a week, and here I am, 5 years later and still sticking with it through all the ups and downs. If you mean losing weight unhealthily or having an unhealthily low goal weight, then no, I would never ever willingly subject myself to that and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Well, I've never been the dieting type and didn't mind being fat. When I finally decided to lose weight I wasn't even sure I would stick with it for more than a week, and here I am, 5 years later and still sticking with it through all the ups and downs. If you mean losing weight unhealthily or having an unhealthily low goal weight, then no, I would never ever willingly subject myself to that and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Today is my 5 year anniversary on MFP and I feel like I could have written this almost word for word. Yes!!
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I got down to about 46 kg...still thought I was fat, so I don't know if you'd call it a success, but I did reach a ridiculous goal. Eating disorders: not even once.
  • polkadotsandpoptarts
    polkadotsandpoptarts Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Most ridiculous weight loss goal.... I plan on being 130lbs, and resemble a 5ft11 swedish supermodel! All by Summer of course......

Who am i kidding, I'm a 5ft 4, slightly ginger Brit who would be happy at 170lbs!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I am 59. The last time I weighed low enough to have a BMI under 25 was in my mid 20s. I set that as my goal and was about 60 pounds away last summer. My BMI is now 24.6.

One that failed in the past and didn't seem ridiculous was to become a natural eater once I lost down to goal. My goal wasn't as low as this time. If you are overweight and have been for some time, odds are you will fail as a natural eater. This time I am still tracking in maintenance.