1lb week and lost 100lb?

Options
Anyone set their goal to 1lb per weak and lose a lot of weight like 60+ pounds? I have at least 100lbs to lose and setting it to 2lb per week leaves me insanely hungry during the day and at the end of the day and I binge on sweets when it gets bad. I'm really struggling. I could use some motivation and reassurance that if I set my goal to 1lb per week I'll still be able to see results. Thank you.

Replies

• RemoteWilderness
    RemoteWilderness Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I didn’t lose on MFP but I’ve lost 100+lbs. In the end I spent as much time losing as I did gaining.

I became a volume eater. Big bowl out oatmeal and protein shake for breakfast. Lean protein and lots of veggies for meals. Egg white veggie omelets when I painted myself into a corner. Apples for snacks. A treat at the end of the day, usually ice cream.

You keep a food diary? Use a food scale?

Keep workin and problem solving. There’s a pretty long calorie counting learning curve. It gets easier. The only way to fail is quit.
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My mother lost 100 pounds by cutting out sugary treats and junk food. She usually keeps a little supply of nuts with her if she gets too hungry.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    When I lost the bulk (90 lb) of my 130 lb loss, it was over a period of 18 months. I did have my MFP set to lose 2 lb per week that entire time, but it averages out to just over 1 lb lost per week and honestly for me I lost about 5 lb each month, and it was steady...not like 15 lb the first month, and then less...but I think I lost 6 lb the first month and then 3-6 lb each month thereafter.

I don't know if that helps at all, since you're wanting it set to 1 lb/week...but that was my experience and I was happy with it. I felt like setting my goal at 2 lb/week gave me a little more wiggle room for errors. And I ate most of my exercise calories.

Losing the first 40-ish pounds took me literally YEARS...from 2007 to 2012 to lose around 40 lb through walking a lot and trying to "eat healthier". So I am a big believer in tracking calories!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You could see better results on 1 lb week than 2, because it will be easier for you to stick to. Consistency is key. It took me 6 months to lose the first 50, 9 months for the second 50, and 14 months for the last 50, I've maintained within 5 lbs for about 18 months now.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    The best plan is one that you can follow for a long time. Seems that one pound per week would be best for you. This short video makes that point, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OVMc2D2Ri0&feature=youtu.be

It helps me to build some treats or treat days into my plan. It's a lot easier to follow the plan that way, and it helps keep me from binging.