anyone 5`2 140 to 150 lbs or have used apdiex?

Options
is there anyone 5`2 and areound 140 to 150 pounds? Id like to find some people who are in the same boat as me. Im 5`2 145 a year ago I was 135 and a year 1/2 I was 125. Losing this weight has been the hardest thing I have ever done. Ive never had to deal with weight issues even after I had my daughter. Its crazy she is 5 years old and now I am worrying about my weight.. I have no will power I still eat like I am 125lbs. :( my doc perscribed me Adipex. Today is my first day on it. Im kinda worried cus I really dont like to be jittery... Anyways just looking for some people in my boat.

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 140.2 pounds. I was 146 to start. A year ago (ish) I was 122. Hi there! No medications though....
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" @ 155 lbs., worked my way down from 189 lbs. after having my daughter... my goal is 125 lbs. Welcome my friend!! Add me if you'd like some support!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    instead of taking pills try exercise and eating right.. and do it the healthy way. The pill might be a quick fix but you are more then likely gonna just gain it back when you stop taking it.
  • Dezlyn67
    Dezlyn67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and 122 lbs. I started out at 140lbs. I have used Adipex several times. I like it a lot. It totally kills your appetite and for me it killed my sugar cravings. However, every time I have used it, I am jittery and can't sleep well for the 1st week. But after that there were no more jitters or sleepless nights.
  • rrobins4
    Options
    I'm not your height and weight but I have used Adipex off and on for a couple years...currently on it now. More than likely you will feel jittery off and on but just avoid caffeine and drink plenty of liquids, especially water. Also, make sure to eat with it. I eat 6 times a day...even when I don't want to.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary, your food seems to be the culprit, and I'm sorry, but a pill isn't going to change your eating habits and the types of food you are choosing to "fuel" your body with...only you can do that.
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and hovering just under 140 at the moment. I've never used medication to lose weight, but let me know how it goes! Feel free to add me as a friend too
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You eat like crap and no pill will help for that.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options

legit.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

legit.

I love my friends
  • mardec28
    mardec28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and now weight 137-138, was 124-126. Gained weight when I had surgery which affected my abdominal section for about 2 months, then moving in with my boyfriend and cooking for him every night!
    I've started working out recently at least 3x a week -- 1x with a personal trainer on high intensity cardio/sculpting, 1x group kickboxing class and 1x at home cardio/sculpting. Also trying to incorporate daily situps, pushups, planks and running stairs.
    Goal is to lose 12-14 lbs in two months.
    This site is a tremendous help for keeping track of meals and calories - it all adds up and if you don't watch the snacks, they can be the downfall to any diet & exercise program! Also cutting down on social drinking -- those glasses of wine and even skinny margaritas go down too quickly sometimes!
    I just joined and am looking forward to weight loss, body sculpting and healthier living!
  • EowynElin
    EowynElin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'4" and 160, trying to be 135. I have never been on weight losing medication and I will never be on it. Those types of things are only a crutch. If you aren't on them for the rest of your life, you will gain weight again. The only way to really lose weight, for good. Is to eat healthy and exercise. Exercise can help you lose cravings for unhealthy food. I agree that your diet diary doesn't look too good. I have known many people that cut out just sugar and cream from their coffee and lost 10 pounds. Pizza hut and the like for any reason is probably not the best choice. When I get the craving for pizza I make my own home made. If your not into that even frozen pizza from the grocery store is a way healthier choice! Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

THIS!
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options

+1
  • danipher
    danipher Posts: 24
    Options
    Yea I guess I should have mentioned I eat like crap.. Thanks lol... Thats my down fall my family and I eat out a lot.. I really just dont even know what to cook for dinners? Im on break from school right now till the 15th. as far as breakfast im not sure what to do but for my lunches im going to bring some lean cus. and pbj maybe some tuna sandwhiches ect.. but for dinner I do not know what to cook... I dont have enough time to plan out a week of food (maybe I do and im just making excuses) I go to school Monday through friday 8 to 5... HELP
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yea I guess I should have mentioned I eat like crap.. Thanks lol... Thats my down fall my family and I eat out a lot.. I really just dont even know what to cook for dinners? Im on break from school right now till the 15th. as far as breakfast im not sure what to do but for my lunches im going to bring some lean cus. and pbj maybe some tuna sandwhiches ect.. but for dinner I do not know what to cook... I dont have enough time to plan out a week of food (maybe I do and im just making excuses) I go to school Monday through friday 8 to 5... HELP

Dinners: Fish - tilapia, cod, haddock, salmon; Chicken; lean turkey

Sides: Steamed: Broccoli, yellow squash, zuchinni; sweet potatoes, whole grain/brown rice, quinoa, black beans, mashed cauliflower, whole wheat rolls, whole wheat pasta w/ tomatoes

Get some Mrs. Dash spices to season your meat with.

There are thousands and thousands of people who have the 8-5 schedule with families who are able to make the time to cook some food and plan it out. All it takes is a little time and dedication. You can do it if you really want to.

I'm 5'0 and lost 55lbs without a weight loss drug - just diet and exercise.
  • mardec28
    Options

Sides: Steamed: Broccoli, yellow squash, zuchinni; sweet potatoes, whole grain/brown rice, quinoa, black beans, mashed cauliflower, whole wheat rolls, whole wheat pasta w/ tomatoes

There are thousands and thousands of people who have the 8-5 schedule with families who are able to make the time to cook some food and plan it out. All it takes is a little time and dedication. You can do it if you really want to.

Completely agree -- I work 8:30 to 6:30 or 7:00 Mon - Fri, know lots of people who work even longer. I still find time to cook and plan it out. Try cooking for a few meals at a time - grill chicken breasts for 2-3 meals, roast a large pan of vegetables. Switch things out like instead of buying hamburger meat, buy turkey burgers or veggie burgers (morningstar grillers are amazing), instead of hamburger buns, try the multi grain sandwich thins - taste MUCH better than regular buns! If you really don't have alot of time, buy bags of frozen vegetables (PLAIN, not in sauce) and serve on the side with just a little salt, pepper, garlic and/or lemon juice. Salads -- steer clear of the creamy dressings unless they are the non fat - stick to low fat vinaigrettes and lemon juice. It's hard and takes a little effort, but once you train yourself to think differently and stop making excuses (which I did too), it becomes habit and you will feel so much better!
    Look forward to hearing about your progress as I make mine too!
  • danipher
    Options

Completely agree -- I work 8:30 to 6:30 or 7:00 Mon - Fri, know lots of people who work even longer. I still find time to cook and plan it out. Try cooking for a few meals at a time - grill chicken breasts for 2-3 meals, roast a large pan of vegetables. Switch things out like instead of buying hamburger meat, buy turkey burgers or veggie burgers (morningstar grillers are amazing), instead of hamburger buns, try the multi grain sandwich thins - taste MUCH better than regular buns! If you really don't have alot of time, buy bags of frozen vegetables (PLAIN, not in sauce) and serve on the side with just a little salt, pepper, garlic and/or lemon juice. Salads -- steer clear of the creamy dressings unless they are the non fat - stick to low fat vinaigrettes and lemon juice. It's hard and takes a little effort, but once you train yourself to think differently and stop making excuses (which I did too), it becomes habit and you will feel so much better!
    Look forward to hearing about your progress as I make mine too!
  • danipher
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!!! What do you all do for breakfast on the go
  • mardec28
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!!! What do you all do for breakfast on the go

Do you like yogurt? Fresh fruit...granola or energy bars (just make sure to check the sugar content - some of them are high in sugar since they are designed for hikers, etc. There are some designed with less sugar for women - like Clif Luna bars...) Kashi bars are much lower in sugars - I love the Honey Almond Flax.

Special K cereal -- I got my boyfriend addicted to the cinammon pecan - it is delicious!

I also noticed in your food diary that you use alot of sugar -- tried Splenda granulated instead?

Hot oatmeal is good if you don't add sugar, maybe some cinammon.