over my protein guidance for the day

Options
What do you do if your protein numbers are over the limit besides not eating any more protein. Is is bad to be over as opposed to being over the calorie or fat numbers?
Thx

Replies

• rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    What do you do if your protein numbers are over the limit besides not eating any more protein. Is is bad to be over as opposed to being over the calorie or fat numbers?
    Thx

My understanding is that its perfectly okay to go over in protein and fiber and that the MFP numbers are the bare minimum. I always go over.
  • wndrwmn12
    Options
    Protein and Fiber are ok to go over... it's when you go over your calorie or fat intake that you should worry.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I agree.
    Protein isn't bad to be over on at all. It's the carbs that you have to watch out for.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    MFP goes low on protein and fiber, extra is ok. Actually it's best to get at least 25% of your calories from protein.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    Protein isn't bad to be over on at all. It's the carbs that you have to watch out for.

It really does not matter if you are over on any of the macros as long as you are getting enough fiber, protein, and fat and are not over your daily calorie limits.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was over every day. I started trying to eat less and now I'm not always over and not by as much, but I'm still over most days. It hasn't killed me yet. If you are WAY over every day you'll probably want to make sure it's not affecting your kidney's but otherwise just stay in your calories.
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I almost ALWAYS go over on my protein..I can get my entire protein intake for a day in one Post-workout drink. No worries on going over on protein though.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Going over on protein is only "bad" for low carb dieters. For some, anything in excess of 40% can be burned as carbs and knock us out of ketosis. But I doubt you're going that high, so you're probably OK.
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I think that I am over in protein every day!!! Wouldn't worry about it too much! =)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I reset my protein intake to 105 and try to eat 75-100 grams a day, which was suggested by my nutritionist.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats, treat it as a minimum, and most people eat way too little based of MFP min suggestions