What motivates YOU to keep working out?

Options
Staying physically fit is a requirement for my work, so that's some for me (getting back into it after injury) as well as wanting to be able to look good in cute clothes. But mostly what's motivating me is that I've gotten too big to ride my pony. So my goal is to be down to a 130/135 by August so that when I get to go home I can ride him again <3

What's YOUR motivation?

Replies

• mdburnitz
    mdburnitz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My motivation is all the clothes sitting in my closet that I don't fit into anymore and not wanting to get rid of them. Not happy with my weight and figure right now!
  • Motherofship
    Motherofship Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Originally I wanted to be skinny, now I want to be strong. Over time I have taken up running, Zumba, yoga, and rock climbing. I want to improve in those sports, especially climbing.

I also have an active job and I am more productive and comfortable at work now that I am in better shape!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ambert256 wrote: »
    Staying physically fit is a requirement for my work, so that's some for me (getting back into it after injury) as well as wanting to be able to look good in cute clothes. But mostly what's motivating me is that I've gotten too big to ride my pony. So my goal is to be down to a 130/135 by August so that when I get to go home I can ride him again <3

What's YOUR motivation?

its only 6 weeks till my half marathon!
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I workout like I take shower every day, it's my normal I suppose, I feel strong and fit so I can maintain participating in life without having to suffer through the unwanted side effects of being morbidly obese. I'm almost out of the obesity range and I feel 100x better. I can't see myself not working out because i remembered where I was when I was morbidly obese and I like where I am now and wish to maintain it.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Mental health is my first and foremost reason, but also staying strong/healthy, and accomplishing things that are new to me as someone who wasn't athletically inclined.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    So many motivators right now but the most immediate motivator is the 5k I'm running on April 14th! Gotta keep those miles coming so I can finish strong. I'm determined not to walk at all that day!
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I enjoy physical activity so usually I don't need any motivation. Yesterday, though, did not feel like doing the zumba class--I was going to walk and cycle instead. However, when I looked at how much I had eaten (I had budgeted for the zumba) I realized I HAD to go that class because I would burn less if I walked/cycled instead. So I went! I was glad once I got there and it was not a struggle.
  • tamarbatavraham
    tamarbatavraham Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want to be stronger and more physically self sufficient. I admit to a certain amount of enjoyment at the looks on people's faces when the tiny woman lifts the heavy thing or whatever :p
    Climbing is good for me because I AM a very goal oriented person and it gives me the short term goal of "finish this climb" or "work this problem", and the long term goal of being able to climb higher grades.

I recently got into running a bit, and I'm only half joking when I tell people it's so I have better endurance to outrun the Handmaid's Tale style military force that the US is heading for... :/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I enjoy cycling, so not too much motivation needed. It's miserable out today so I'll be stuck on my indoor bike trainer this evening...that requires a bit of motivation since I hate stationary cardio...but I can have beer after, so there's that.

In general, I like to be physically active...most of my exercise is also recreational activity and hobby...I enjoy cycling, rock climbing, hiking, etc...I just like being outside and active.