7.30pm weigh in help!

Options
I know you should weigh yourself in the morning but the weight loss club I go to is at 7.30pm where I get weighed in as I can’t go to a morning one because of work

I know I’m always going to weigh more at night but do u have any tips to help me not be so heavy and bloated at night, thanks (:

Replies

• SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    In the long run it shouldn’t really matter because your weight trend over time should still decrease at the same rate. I’d just suggest following the trend instead of getting caught up on the actual number.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    You will weigh more at night unless you don’t eat and drink anything during the day. There’s no healthy way to avoid that.

Your weight will still show your progress, though, just at a couple of pounds heavier and with more ups and downs.

But if you want to track yourself at a possibly lighter (depending on the difference in scales) and slightly less variable weight, why don’t you just weigh yourself in the morning at home as well?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I know you should weigh yourself in the morning but the weight loss club I go to is at 7.30pm where I get weighed in as I can’t go to a morning one because of work

The key is consistency, so track trends rather than absolute weight. You've still got some error as you won't consume exactly the same each day, but you'll have an appreciation of direction.

Don't overthink it.

• kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Back when I used to attend Weight Watchers meetings, I used to weigh in every Thursday evening.

I used to make sure I ate the same thing for lunch every Thursday (tofu and spinach cannelloni - yummm) , and stopped drinking a couple of hours of so before the meeting. Always made sure to wear the same clothes and shoes too. My weigh ins were accurate enough
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The good thing is you always compare at the same time, so you will see the progress even if it is not your morning weight :) Try eating the same things on the day of the weigh in every time so that your bloat is as consistent as possible. If you always put on 1kg of "bloat" (food in the system, water, etc.) eating that food and driking that amount of water you will see the correct progress just woth the number being 1kg heavier than it would be in the morning :)
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I shifted from three meals a day to one, which is in the morning, my lowest weight is 24 hours after my last meal but I've seen my weight go down slowly during the day as the meal is digested, it's pretty neat.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,105 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It's the trend that matters, the weight you have gained over the course of the day isn't fat, it's food ingested, water retention and waste processing out of your system. If you're keeping to the same sort of routine then you will be able to see your weight compared to the week before at the same time, there's not really any point in trying to cheat the scale because that will have no bearing on your fat loss.

If that's going to bother you, then perhaps a weight loss club isn't the right place for you.
  • theknitpicker
    theknitpicker Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I do my "official" weigh ins, once a week, in the evenings for consistency. This also gives me an idea of where my body is at at its heaviest.

But I also do daily morning weigh-ins using the Happy Scale app to track the day-to-day fluctuations and get that little reward from a smaller number too :)
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I would say doing anything except wear light clothes you're on the borderline of a disorder. It's just a number on the scale it does not define you in anyway and if you think it does that is a problem.

Go with the trend I use trendweight.com makes the fluctuations not seem so scary.
  • RecognitionT
    RecognitionT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Get a scale...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

I know I’m always going to weigh more at night but do u have any tips to help me not be so heavy and bloated at night, thanks (:

The reason to weigh in is to measure progress... so the change over time. Use a trending weight app or site.
    If you are comparing weights taken at the same time of day under close to the same conditions you should still be able to measure progress.
    Try to have consistant habits. Have the same size lunch.
    Try to wear the same or similar weight clothing.
    Don't eat or drink close to your weigh in time.
    Use the toilet.

If it bothers you maybe get a home scale so you can weigh in the morning.