13»

Replies

• Smidge22
    Smidge22 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Smidge22 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    So update guys. I changed my workout. I will work my arms 3 times a week. I saw a little progress with my first plan but it got to were it effected my bench. So I decided to quit. My arms did get a little size though. I went from 16 inch arms to 16.5 inch arms

Measure again in a few weeks. Not to be a jerk, but it could still just be swelling from all the abuse you put them through.

Yep this. You did not gain 0.5" on your arms in a matter of weeks. That's a solid year of gains for most people
    Ok. Don't want to be rude. But that's not true. Before I did this workout routine. I gained almost 2 inches on my arms in a span of 9 months.

How old are you?

Young enough to be frequently measuring his arms!

LOL. From his picture he could be 15 or 19. If he's 15, then obviously he's going to be growing much faster.

Also, he shouldn't be posting or reading MFP

I am 19 thank you. It just shows that I started to care for my body at a earlier age than most. I have been lifting for 8 years. I have been around.
  • Smidge22
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    So update guys. I changed my workout. I will work my arms 3 times a week. I saw a little progress with my first plan but it got to were it effected my bench. So I decided to quit. My arms did get a little size though. I went from 16 inch arms to 16.5 inch arms

Measure again in a few weeks. Not to be a jerk, but it could still just be swelling from all the abuse you put them through.

Yep this. You did not gain 0.5" on your arms in a matter of weeks. That's a solid year of gains for most people
    Ok. Don't want to be rude. But that's not true. Before I did this workout routine. I gained almost 2 inches on my arms in a span of 9 months.

How old are you?

Young enough to be frequently measuring his arms!

I measure twice a month.
  • keithahayes78
    keithahayes78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look like a young guy. You're body is probably still in a naturally very anabolic state...I would advise you start with some compound lifts and after you've made some significant gains there, you can move into hypertrophy with reasonable splits (find a program that makes sense). You also look like an athlete, not a physique model, so you should probably be more concerned with strength than with physique. The big athletic physique will come with the strength. I don't think there's any scrawny guys out there that are moving serious iron. That's just my take. Lift smart.
  • keithahayes78
    keithahayes78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Btw...sorry for the typos. Autocorrect is an a-hole sometimes.
  • Smidge22
    Options
    You look like a young guy. You're body is probably still in a naturally very anabolic state...I would advise you start with some compound lifts and after you've made some significant gains there, you can move into hypertrophy with reasonable splits (find a program that makes sense). You also look like an athlete, not a physique model, so you should probably be more concerned with strength than with physique. The big athletic physique will come with the strength. I don't think there's any scrawny guys out there that are moving serious iron. That's just my take. Lift smart.

Ok thank you.
  • Smidge22
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    I highly suggest this workout Upper/Lower split . I've been using it for 2 years, simple and yet effective. After a couple of months, you can change your exercises, for example, if it calls for Barbell Bench Press, switch it up for Dumbbell Bench Press...or BB squats, switch it to Front BB Squats after a couple of months on that program.

You're probably thinking that working out 4 days a week is too little, I suggest you read this https://aworkoutroutine.com/training-each-muscle-group-twice-per-week/

I actually like this. I can always do cardio and abs the 5th day I would workout. Thank you.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    That DOESN'T mean you gained muscle though. Fluid retention in cells is more the likely result.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• brittonj86
    brittonj86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to leave a post here talking about this work out anyone still up for a discussion and what it did for me and to me?