small goals

Options
nsgmom04
nsgmom04 Posts: 101 Member
My goal for the next three weeks is to log my food daily, no matter how crappy. I've lost weight before by making small changes so am trying again....hopefully for last time.

Replies

• tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Great goal, I did something similar when I first started, 100 pounds later I'm getting the hang of it. Keep going.
  • thesnackmonster
    thesnackmonster Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You are quite right, I have found by logging every day - even at the end of the day when I have given in to snacks I still log them all. I have lost half a stone since January - very slow but it does work. Keep honestly logging and you will find that your eating habit s get better. Good luck - stick with it.
  • nsgmom04
    Options
    Thanks y'all for the encouragement. :smiley:
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing. I've used MFP in the past and there were days I stopped logging if I felt like a failure for the day, and that lead to not logging several days in a row and ultimately no logging at all.

This time I have decided that I'm logging the good, bad, and ugly. There are days when I just don't feel like it but, right now I'm too scared of falling back into the habit of not logging.

3 weeks is 21 days and they say that is what makes a habit stick and become a routine. Good luck.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I would definately recommend logging, and also logging as you go or in advance.
    I seem to have hit the wall, I started off really well by planning and thinking carefully about what I'm eating then it slipped a bit and recently I've tried to log at the end of the day - when all packets are in the bin - and found it really hard to work out how to log so haven't bothered.

I'm going to join you and thoughout April make sure I log properly and start putting some thought into the day's intake before the event and not after.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    That's the way to have weight loss success :smile:
  • nsgmom04
    Options
    So today was a bad day as far as what I ate but I still logged everything. I want to get in the habit of logging before I make any major nutrition changes. And hopefully, by logging, I'll see why I'm not losing weight.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    nsgmom04 wrote: »
    So today was a bad day as far as what I ate but I still logged everything. I want to get in the habit of logging before I make any major nutrition changes. And hopefully, by logging, I'll see why I'm not losing weight.

We all can have a bad day food wise, you did the right thing to log it. And say to yourself, today I am going to eat within my calorie allowance today - having a positive mindset helps.

All the best.