Army Veteran Getting Back in Shape

Options
EvanSr219
EvanSr219 Posts: 6 Member
Hello everyone. I'm Evan, and I'm 35 yrs. old. I have a weight loss mission of 230 lbs to lose by Dec. 31st. 2018. Im going from 482 to 250. Now I'm 464. Since Jan. 10th, I have lost 18 lbs. That's good, but I can do better. It's time to ramp up the exercise and keep away from all fast foods. I will be able to comfortably wear tank tops by the summer. Lol Much props to everyone, and I pray for everybody's success.

Replies

• kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    good luck and take it slow and steady :)
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You’re already on a path to success Evan: logging on MFP has helped me greatly. The trick is to be honest & truly log EVERYTHING, including supplements / vitamins etc. I’m working my weigh back in to rebuild muscle I’ve lost due to several reasons last year, it’s not easy but that just makes it all that much more impactful as not everyone can make a lifestyle change & stick with it.
    Keep going strong - reach out if you need a friend on here.

And most importantly - Thank you for your selfless service to us civilians !!
  • Rushinwgtloss
    Rushinwgtloss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Good luck.
  • EvanSr219
    Options
    kstar0327 wrote: »
    good luck and take it slow and steady :)

Thank you very much. I'll do exactly that.
  • EvanSr219
    Options
    You can do it. Good luck.

Your encouragement is greatly appreciated. I wish you the best as well.
  • EvanSr219
    Options
    Rynatat wrote: »
    You’re already on a path to success Evan: logging on MFP has helped me greatly. The trick is to be honest & truly log EVERYTHING, including supplements / vitamins etc. I’m working my weigh back in to rebuild muscle I’ve lost due to several reasons last year, it’s not easy but that just makes it all that much more impactful as not everyone can make a lifestyle change & stick with it.
    Keep going strong - reach out if you need a friend on here.

And most importantly - Thank you for your selfless service to us civilians !!

Your reply was very impactful to me. I will take all of the advice you offered. Much props to you for your success.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    EvanSr219 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm Evan, and I'm 35 yrs. old. I have a weight loss mission of 230 lbs to lose by Dec. 31st. 2018. Im going from 482 to 250. Now I'm 464. Since Jan. 10th, I have lost 18 lbs. That's good, but I can do better. It's time to ramp up the exercise and keep away from all fast foods. I will be able to comfortably wear tank tops by the summer. Lol Much props to everyone, and I pray for everybody's success.

You sound like you have a great plan, but please bear in mind that's a lot of weight to lose in 9 months, the intial rate of loss is greater because you drop a lot of water retention to start with, you want to try and maintain as much muscle as possible whilst you're losing weight and should be aiming for no more than 1% of your body weight per week, making sure you're hitting your protein target and incorporating some sort of strength training ideally in order to do so.

Ramping up exercise is great but the majority of your weight loss will take place in the kitchen, not a gym. Exercise should be more of a focus for health than weight loss.
  • EvanSr219
    Options
    Thanks for the knowledge. I will keep that in my exercise plan and eating plan Tinker.
  • bduanemyfitness
    bduanemyfitness Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Evan...you can do this. While it is probably a huge challenge to drop 230 by Dec 31st, I know you can make great progress. Keep up the good work!
  • EvanSr219
    Options
    I'm much appreciative of the inspiration. Thank you.