Green tea

Options
A lot of people say that it helps you lose weight.
But is that true ? Does anyone drink or drank it ?

Replies

• lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Green tea is good for you...lots of antioxidants. But you would need to drink gallons every day to see any change in weight loss. It does not, as claimed, affect your metabolism significantly.
  • gasweetshot
    Options
    Im not sure if it helps with weight loss but its actually pretty good. I like the diet green tea instead though...It feels you up and you dont get calories from it.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    That's my Starbucks drink of choice - unsweetened Iced Green Tea. I just love it!! I add a Stevia packet and I'm good to go - I like to drink it before a workout...I *feel* like it gives me extra energy. Not sure if that's true but it works for me!!
  • robinph
    robinph Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't be mistaken: Green tea from tea bags- brewed yourself vs bottled green tea from Lipton, Arizona, etc.. are 100%. There are a lot of additives in those. When you read about drinking green tea being better for you, they mean brewed green tea. Throw ice in it if you dont like it hot. The biggest reason why people say to drink it is to get your caffine fix as diet soda is more farmful to your weightloss efforts (yes even though it has 0 calories). If you need to sweeten it, try using honey. But don't forget to add those calories to your total.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it, can't stand tea, however I do take a Green Tea supplement. Not so much because of the hype about it's effects on metabolism but rather the anti-oxidant and heart health qualities. Combined with Fish Oil and my normal mult-vitamin it's part of my healthy approach.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Green tea is good for you...lots of antioxidants. But you would need to drink gallons every day to see any change in weight loss. It does not, as claimed, affect your metabolism significantly.

On the other hand, if you enjoy the taste, drinking a cup @ 1/2 hour before meals will help you feel full and you won't eat as much. Of course, that's true of any liquid (from what I've heard/read, especially hot liquids), but with the health benefits, you might as well make it green tea! ;-)
  • bear2905
    Options
    I used to drink chai or earl grey tea every morning and add cane sugar and almond milk. I also drank diet pepsi during the day. I wanted to cut the sugar and pop so I replaced my tea with herbal green tea and drink that instead. I think it's an acquired taste - I like it now, it's kind of like peppermint tea and just makes me feel "fresher" in the morning. White tea is also supposed to be even better or as good as green tea but I haven't tried that yet.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of it. I throw a green tea bag into a pitcher of water and keep it in the fridge all day and drink that. Probably at least 4-6 glasses a day and find that it helps suppress my appetite so I don't feel like snacking all day. But that's only when I drink the full 4-6 or more glasses a day.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I've tried drinking green tea, in a million different varieties, and can't get away with the taste. I started drinking Lipton Lemon and Ginger Tea iced and that is lush and I feel it has done a good job of cleansing. Theres an interesting but research on green tea though

http://www.o-cha.com/green-tea-weight-loss.htm
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I drink iced green tea all day long every day. I brew it myself at home and I used decaffeinated tea bags. I don't know if it really helps or not, but I like the taste and it can't hurt, right? ;)