Juice Diet: Joe Cross

Options
Anybody try this diet? I just watched the documentary Fat, Sick, and nearly dead. Great inspirational documentary!!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Anybody try this diet? I just watched the documentary Fat, Sick, and nearly dead. Great inspirational documentary!!
    Another diet.........................it just goes on and on.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options

I think it is suppose to be more of a cleanse. And there is a huge thread about it. Search juice fast
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Have you watched the documentary? If you had, you'd know that this isn't really a diet at all.

I think it looks like a great concept for people struggling to get into healthier eating. I'm not sure I'd be willing to take it on, but as far as cleansing goes, that's probably the only thing I'd consider doing. Good luck!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It looks good to me, we just watched that movie last night, and we are reviewing what would be the best plan for us. We have a Vitamix, so that should make the juicing easy.
  • syncere0627
    Options
    If people concentrate their time and energy on watching the amount of calories they consume and percentages of fat, protein, and carbs that they take in, they will shed the pounds a lot quicker. Not only that, they will change their lifestyle completely(which causes weight lost). Fad Diets are just as good as putting a simple band aid on a gunshot wound. It may seem like its working at first, but it's not. People do these quick fad diets, loose the weight, (b/c they aren't getting enough calories) and then go back to eating the same way and gain all of it back plus some(and the guy that made the diet has a small window of time to make money off of it) and that happens because these diets don't educate people on the proper way to eat and loose weight.......

Losing weight is basic mathematics, Calories Consumed - Calories Burnt(Exercise&BMR) = _________ If the number in the blank is a positive number, you're going to gain weight, if its a negative number, you'll loose weight. What's funny is I can eat pie, cake, ice cream, anything as long as I don't go above my caloric limit and I will still loose more weight over time then people on these crazy diets............... btw, Where's the atkins diet now? PPL that were on it, lost so much weight and gained it right back, meanwhile, atkins got beau coup money...... I always see an adverse affect after the weight is lost from a fad diet..... When people do the basic math and watching calories, I hardly ever see them go back to an unhealthy weight.... and if they do, they know why/how they did

My Sources:

United States Marine Reservist 4+ years and counting

Full Time TX Police Officer 2.5+ years and counting

Top level of physical fitness in both, despite having a minor setback and being on light duty which caused me to become overweight(ok, ok, i was eating like i was still working out).....had to count my calories and watch what I ate to get back to optimal fitness
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It can be a useful tool for kick starting your weight loss, but it's not a permanent lifestyle. If you go back to eating the way you did before, you'll gain it all back. And if I've learned anything, I don't always gain it back in the same way as it was on my body before. You will really need to commit to a healthier lifestyle overall. It's a tool, not a magic solution.
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    As previously stated this is not a diet. People have been juice feasting or fasting for a very long time. It is used to detox your body, because when the body doesn't have to focus on digestion it starts to repair and detox cells. It is also supposed to help change your diet after the fast/feast. Obviously if you go back to eating junk all day then you will gain any weight loss back and perhaps more. By doing a feast you can avoid going into starvation mode by eating the same amount of calories as previously. If you are over weight you will still lose weight under a juice feast because your body will still go into detox mode and flush excess fats that were used to store the toxins that could not be eliminated before. This is not a permanent change, but can be done several times a year to reboot/detox you system of toxins.

Anyway this is all that I've learned in doing research on/off for the past 5 years, but I am no expert. Do some research before you do anything and if you have any special conditions have a doctor keep an eye on your progress.

If anyone who is doing this currently or in the future wants to add me as a friend please do. I just started a juice feast and I'm on my 2nd day. I previously intended on doing a juice detox, but never stuck to it. This time I am really determined and have enjoyed the last 2 days.
  • baschmidt2
    Options
    I watched the documentary. I eat healthy. I have lost 22 lbs now. I know what I am doing. I wasn't going to do the cleansing fast of fruit but I do highly suggest it. I wasn't looking for people to criticize me regarding whether or not I consider it a diet. I know that it is a temporary fix for people who are looking to detox and lose a lot of weight but since my goal weight is less than 20 lbs away then I don't need to do this cleansing. I found it very inspirational and just thought I would share. Yes, I have already visited the website and know a lot about it.
  • mrsglisson
    mrsglisson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did a 5 day juice "regimen" during our stay-cation 3 weeks ago. We really enjoyed it, both lost some weight and felt great.

We are still having 1+ meals per day consist of various types of juice made at home. We started the juice thing because we watched the movie and we wanted a jumpstart to our plan to reinvigorate our healthy lifestyle.

We are new parents and just want to be the best we can be for our son. :heart:

At any rate, yes it is not a diet but I don't think you can go wrong by adding more fruits & vegetables into your diet. For us, juicing is a great way to do it. We're chasing an 8 month old around all day so we don't have a lot of time for meal planning. We make a quick healthy juice each morning or evening, and eat smart the rest of the day.

We each want to lose a different amount of weight, but roughly 40 lbs each. I lost 27 lbs during the 5 day juice fast and my husband lost 15 lbs.

Anyway, I wish everyone the best, no matter what your plan is to eat better. I'm new to myfitnesspal so feel free to message me (or whatever they call it on here). :smile: