Help ! Lol what to eat with what and when !?

Hey guys !
Going to start my journey tomm! Can you please help with what to eat with what and when ?! I know his good
To get carbs out of the way early in the day :) any feedback is appreciated thank you!!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Eat what you want, when you want (carbs can be eaten late), within your calorie and nutrient goals
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    edited March 2018
    As others said, what and when you eat doesn't directly matter for weight loss. Weight loss happens by eating fewer calories than your body is using to stay alive and fuel activity. So eat at the calorie level MFP gave you after you put in your information, and you'll lose weight. It really is that simple (barring relatively rare medical conditions).

What and when you eat could matter for your own personal satiety though. I recall hearing in the past the thing you mentioned about eating your carbs early. I guess the theory is you burn them off while you're active during the day? I'm not sure, just trying to make sense of why anyone would claim something like that. Anyway, doing that would actually harm my ability to lose weight bc when I eat a high carb meal on an empty stomach (if it's not balanced with a *ton* of fiber and some protein), I'm hungrier for the rest of the day so more likely to eat at a higher calorie level.

So what I'm saying is what and when you eat can matter for you as an individual in terms of how it impacts your appetite (which then makes sticking to lower calories either easier or harder), but it doesn't, on its own, impact weight loss. Don't waste any energy worrying about that. Pay attention to which foods fill you up and help you reach your goals and adapt accordingly. Good luck and congrats on getting started!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Don't over complicate this. Just log what you eat and adjust from there. After a few weeks it will become apparent where you are going over. The biggest factor in success is accurate (and honest) logging.

Good luck.
  • jennarsenault2018
    jennarsenault2018 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks everyone !
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited March 2018
    You'll find you'll stay fuller longer sticking too wheat over white things!!! That is so much healthier too! It takes longer for your body to breakdown (: more nutritious as well, not processed so not stripped of nutrition.

Maybe YOU stay fuller longer. Not everyone is like you. Not sure what your definition of healthier is so I'll leave that as your opinion as well.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Eat food when you're hungry. Check out the threads in the Getting Started forum to figure out how to set your calorie goal and how to weigh and measure your foods.

Eat food you like in portions that fit within your calories.

If you exercise, eat those calories back. The MFP calculation includes a calorie deficit, so try not to eat UNDER the amount you're given.
  • jennarsenault2018
    jennarsenault2018 Posts: 6 Member
    @MissCountryBell not sure what happened lol !! Yes I agree !!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    You'll find you'll stay fuller longer sticking too wheat over white things!!! That is so much healthier too! It takes longer for your body to breakdown (: more nutritious as well, not processed so not stripped of nutrition.

I'd rather have a pile of Cauliflower than a piece of bread, but that's just me.

OP, eat what you like, when you like.... Just make it fit your calorie goal. Weigh all solids, measure all liquids and use accurate database entries.