What's your BIGGEST obstacle?

Options
What is the BIGGEST obstacle you face with your eating healthy & working out?

Replies

• runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    my LOVE of good food and drinks!! dang it....gets me everytime! I will workout and just kill it, don't mind it a bit. but, then undo everything I had done with what I put into my mouth!! ugh.....
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My budget. I eat a whole lot more when I workout, and I get really frustrated trying to have the right foods available at all times!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Likely my insulin resistance... but I do like to drink...
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I like my wine & I'm diabolically lazy (really, it's a crime how lazy I am)
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Myself
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    junk food and sweets!!!!!!!!
    UGH!!!!!!!!
  • klkopa
    klkopa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    my love of sweets!! it completely throws off all my hard work :(
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Weekends. I love to eat at pubs and drink beer and then go to Mcdonalds for a hangover breakfast (and usually a midnight snack too!!)
    If there was no weekend, I would be skinny.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My budget. I eat a whole lot more when I workout, and I get really frustrated trying to have the right foods available at all times!

Oh I hear you! I call them "Gym Worms" (cause if you get stomach worms they eat away at your insides and you constantly feel hungry...) LOL

But yes, I need to constantly have the right types of food around otherwise I can just go nuts eating everything in sight somedays after working out in the morning!
  • annmrie
    annmrie Posts: 38
    Options
    How much I miss candy, particulary Swedish Fish. People tell me I can still have some so long as I measure out my servings, but when it comes to my favorite candies, the whole box feels like a serving to me. lol
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and chocolate. and dont even get me started on reeses.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and salty foods!!!

And...getting lazy days....
  • robynann01
    Options
    My schedule. Doesn't lend itself to eating right and I tend to eat too late.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    my habit of reverting to an oh F&%K it attitude when I make a tiny slip... generally causes me to go months repeating "I'll restart tomorrow, I'll restart Monday, For SURE I'm restarting Wednesday" always followed up with "but since I've already blown it for today..."

usually results in ice cream, cupcakes, pizza, candy blah blah blah. badness!!!
  • sgressock
    sgressock Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think for me is would be that I'm surrounded every day with people eating junk food. Sometimes I do just want to say "yeah i'll have a soda/fast food." Then I watch them eat, and I get happy with my meal. Also understanding what that food does to my body really helps lol.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    my self
  • JS295
    JS295 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. Gets me every night.
  • rmjj5
    rmjj5 Posts: 55
    Options
    Drinking on the weekends...nothing beats a few cold beers on a patio :(
  • mamajess82
    Options
    Usually I cave when I haven't had enough sleep - then I eat to stay awake and it all goes wrong from there :( I have a 1.5 year old who dictates just how much rest I get (or don't get) .
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    my self

taso42