Not losing

Options
Yesterday I got on the scale and I haven’t lost anything. I’ve actually gained. This makes me aggravated and just mad Bc I have been putting in so much work at the gym and staying on track. I have my calories set to lose 2 pounds a week. And I haven’t lost anything at all since starting...

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    When did you start?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Can you open up your diary?
  • level3tjg
    level3tjg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Should start weighing your food if you don't already... if you're not weighing your food you're likely eating more calories than you think. That being said... stick with it. Losing your weight is a life change, not just a diet. If you change your habits to be more health oriented you will eventually see the results you are looking for.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The recommended posts are a great place to start if you're struggling. You haven't really given enough information to go on, but the most common issues that pop up around here are probably impatience and incorrect logging. This flowchart can also be helpful. Good luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I measure my food with measuring cups. I don’t really eat anything that involves a scale. Also- have been sticking to it strictly for 2 weeks. Only 1,200 calories a day. Of course I’ll work out too so I have some extra calories to spare.

Also consider - 1200 calories does not guaranty 2 pounds a week loss. 1200 is a minimum default set by MFP to help you reach nutritional guidelines.

1200 could be a 1,000 calorie deficit for you, or 1200 could be a 500 calorie deficit if you are close to goal. Google your TDEE (total daily expenditure) to see what your maintenance is. Many people aren't big enough to expect 2 pounds a week. Make sure your expectations are realistic.

Time of month, higher sodium, sore muscles = water retention. Normal weight fluctuations can mask weight loss results. Measure food intake as accurately as you can and give it more time.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I measure my food with measuring cups. I don’t really eat anything that involves a scale. Also- have been sticking to it strictly for 2 weeks. Only 1,200 calories a day. Of course I’ll work out too so I have some extra calories to spare.

o8l20t5fj3c3.jpg

Believe me, using a scale is a game-changer.

Interesting. The label says "dry", will that change the result?
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    toxikon wrote: »

o8l20t5fj3c3.jpg

Believe me, using a scale is a game-changer.

Interesting. The label says "dry", will that change the result?

Good catch. It should be dry at 56 grams.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yes.....the scale is a game changer. So is time. It's been two weeks. That's not anywhere close to enough time to have any idea on results. Your daily fluctuations could be more than 2-4 pounds. You need at least 4-6 weeks to have any type of real gage to this.

In the meantime, do the following:

1. Use a food scale.
    2. Refer to #1.
  • RecognitionT
    RecognitionT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    have been sticking to it strictly for 2 weeks.

2 weeks.

Take a moment to allow that to sink in.

People do this for years and still don't achieve their goal weight.

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    cups measure volumes
    scales measure weight

use cups to measure liquids
    use scales to measure solids

easy

Also weight fluctuates due to the fact that you are mostly made of water. The bathroom scales show your total weight, water included.