Unexplained Weight Gain

Options
Hey guys! Ok So I have this really BAD Habbit of weighing myself on a daily basis. I know... i should'nt but I cant help it! Yesterday morning a weighed in at 162.8. I was under my calories by 110 after my work out and when I weighed myself this morning I was 165! :( I cant figure this out! Is i because I was under my calories.

Replies

• lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Your body weight will fluctuate normally from day to day. My scale showed a gain of 3 pounds one day, but then it was gone the next. It has nothing to do with how many calories you ate. Could be you're retaining water, could be your dinner from last night was a little heavy and hasn't fully digested, could be you need to have a BM...and on and on. When I get out of the shower, my weight will be about 2 pounds heavier than before the shower just from my wet hair!! Weigh yourself less often. :)
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you can't accept that your body naturally fluctuates weight, you definitely shouldn't be weighing yourself every day.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Well said PalmettoparkGuy! A "gain" of 2 lbs is nothing, especially not if you're in this for the long haul.

If you consistently gain 2 lbs week after week then you've got a problem.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    If you can't accept that your body naturally fluctuates weight, you definitely shouldn't be weighing yourself every day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS

Your body will gain a lose weight not only through the day from day to day. The number of reasons are huge from water retention to slower digesting foods. If you can't accept that or process that mentally, don't weight daily.
  • Jvas423
    Jvas423 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks I never thought of all the possible reasons.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, first thing in the morning and it's the last thing I do before going to bed. I have a large post-it note taped to the wall where I record all these weights. It looks like this:
    Mon AM
    Mon PM
    Tues AM
    Tues PM
    etc. etc..
    You could also hide it on the inside door of a cupboard.
    By writing it down and keeping a running log, I don't get too high on the highs (losses) or too low on the lows (gains). It always just keeps me focused on the fact that I can't just wing it. My diligence shows up in the numbers at all times. Last Tuesday my official weigh in was 158.4. This Tuesday (yesterday) it was 159.6. Today my morning weigh in was 157.6. By marking them down, I can look back and see my fluctuations for what they are- fluctuations. So I'm not upset about my gain for this past week. It happens, and I have the log to prove it! And again, it reminds me to stay steady on my course and just put the work in, because the numbers I WANT to see will eventually be there.
    In essence, if I didn't write them down so I could see how I routinely fluctuate, I would be in emotional turmoil everytime I saw a gain.