Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Awesome job young lady!
  • Chilasianlady
    Chilasianlady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Your story is inspiring. I'm curious, how long do you do cardio for every day?
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done. Just wondering, what was your exercise routine? Would you mind sharing what you did?
  • bee_bee8
    bee_bee8 Posts: 96 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Dmeraz wrote: »
    Congrats!! Your story is inspiring. I'm curious, how long do you do cardio for every day?
    Sam29a wrote: »
    You look amazing! Well done. Just wondering, what was your exercise routine? Would you mind sharing what you did?

Thank you both! As far as my exercise routine: I usually use a stationary bike to get my cardio in, or an elliptical on rare occasions. The length/intensity of my workouts has changed over time. When I very first started and wasn't fit at all, I just did as much as I could (which was usually about 20 minutes of low-intensity cycling daily). I slowly increased the resistance and length of time according to how my body was feeling.

At my very-most dedicated, and when I was losing weight the fastest, I would generally do 2 cardio workouts on the bike per day. One would be higher-intensity, where I tried to keep my heart rate between 140-150 bpm (which is about 75-80% of my max HR). I would do that for at least 45-60 minutes per day, and then do a light-intensity workout (heart rate between 115-130 bpm) for an additional 30 minutes or so. Generally I spaced them out (one in the morning, one in the evening) but not always. According to my fitness tracker, which calculates calories burned based on exercise duration and heart rate, I would burn roughly 350-400 calories on the first workout and 150-200 calories on the second. I did that pretty much every day, including weekends.

After I got into a healthy weight range, I cut back a bit and started only doing the high-intensity workout. I often skip it on the weekends, but I try to do it for at least an hour per day during the week. On the weekends, I still try to be active but it's more low-key. For the last several months, my weekend routine has been to just to walk a couple miles with the dogs.

Hope that helps! There are some weeks where I'm less dedicated than others, but even on a slump I try not to let more than a few days go by without getting a good workout in. Good luck!
  • LD150
    LD150 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are totally inspiring!!
  • skibbles50
    skibbles50 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! Congratulations, YOU DID IT!!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wow! You inspired me to throw another cardio session a day in there. You did awesome!
  • Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Way to go, tanks for posting, very inspiring. Thanks also for graph, I’m at the slow down point, frustrating but calling it recomp! You have done amazing!
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This was an excellent write up in your success and how to be successful. I am so grateful you shared this!
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Bee, AMAZING JOB!!! Way to go! Losing weight is not an easy feat, but you did it! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Op thanks for posting the graph. I'm 5'2" and started at 175 ( 1/17) and currently 139lbs working on my last 10-15lbs. You are right, it's taking a hot minute to lose these last few pounds. I'm having an internal fight with all my fat cells. I anticipated this happening based on others experiences on this forum especially for petite women. But I'm working on it everyday and thank goodness I take measurements along the way for comparison. You look amazing. Great job!
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome work!
  • Patty1015A
    Patty1015A Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WOW! Well done!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
  • Ayesha0624
    Ayesha0624 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well, congratulations! 120 looks GREAT on you. I'm very inspired since my goal is to lose 50lbs. You rock! :D:D

Did you incorporate any other types of work outs beside's cardio? Like weight training or workout dvd's?
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    We have the same stats except I’m still at 143 and struggling. Can we be friends!!??lol I’m going to add you.
  • Glenmore1986
    Glenmore1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look stunning!!!well done , thanks for sharing
  • hapamama23
    hapamama23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just WOW!
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look amazing ,
    Really enjoy reading your weight loss story very inspiring and give everyone who reads it that the goal can be reach
  • bee_bee8
    bee_bee8 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Ayesha0624 wrote: »
    Well, congratulations! 120 looks GREAT on you. I'm very inspired since my goal is to lose 50lbs. You rock! :D:D

Did you incorporate any other types of work outs beside's cardio? Like weight training or workout dvd's?

Thank you for the kind words :smile: as far as strength training, I did some in addition to the cardio but it wasn’t super structured. I mainly stuck with planks, lunges, and push ups. When I started out I did as many lunges/push-ups as I could for 2 sets, and then just upped the # of reps as I got stronger. Same for planks - I held it until I couldn’t anymore, which at first was only about 30 seconds. Now I can plank for a full minute pretty easily, and usually shoot for 90 seconds.

One of my new favorite strength workouts is basically all planks; it’s tough but I think it’s a good one: https://youtu.be/FXDWtYsu1dQ (Take the video title with a grain of salt... I don’t think it’s necessarily a replacement for cardio ;) )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!